Software EngineerExperis | Atlanta, GA, 30334, US
Salary Range:$71,000 – $93,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted 19 days ago
.Net Software Engineer
Our client in Columbus, OH is looking for hardworking, motivated talent to join their team. Don't wait apply today!
What's in it for you?
- $80,000 - 115,000/year
- Full time
Microsoft SQL Server - SQL, Report Services, SSIS
- Familiarity with tools: Visual Studio, Postman, Azure DevOps, , Office 365
Familiarity with legacy systems would be a plus but not required (iSeries, RPG, COBOL)
- The software engineers would be working in a team environment helping us modernize our systems going from a legacy platform to cloud applications in a SaaS model. These applications are based on the Microsoft technology stack so would be supporting .Net applications and SQLServer applications. They would have an opportunity to learn the DCT platforms for Claims and Policy.
- Performs analysis, design, programming, and testing:
- Gathers requirements from business partners and creates functional and technical designs and program specifications.
- Translates technical designs and specifications into programming logic that adheres to the programming standards.
- Codes in authorized languages.
- Prepares test plans and test data. Tests programs to validate accuracy.
- Performs conversions and implementations for new and existing systems.
- Provides support and maintenance for production systems; resolves problems.
- Assists in defining system security and control procedures.
- Installs, tests, and customizes vendor software.
- Conducts walk-throughs with peers.
- Works with programmers during walk-throughs to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, extent of automatic programming and coding use, and modification and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Plans, organizes, documents and communicates:
- Coordinates, organizes, plans, and controls activities to accomplish moderately complex to more complex assignments.
- Assists with development of project time and cost estimates; refines estimates after requirements definition and design phases.
- Adheres to a systems development life-cycle methodology and prepares related documentation.
- Develops systems and business documentation.
- Assists in developing and conducting technical and user training.
- Prepares administrative reports on personal activity.
- Develops technical and analytical skills:
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to more junior-level personnel.
- Becomes proficient at supporting several existing company systems in order to handle problem analysis and resolution.
- Learns new software platforms.
- Develops technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills through formal training on-the-job experience, and self-development.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
Are you Interested?
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars with every successful hire.