Aircraft PainterSystem One | Courtland, AL, 35618, US
Salary Range:$33,000 – $45,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted 14 days ago
Job Description: Aircraft Painter
- Read and interpret engineering paint drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Detail surfaces and prepare for paint by cleaning, stripping, abrading or chemically treating.
- Perform basic fiber glass repairs using fillers or high build primers.
- Mask aircraft surfaces as necessary protecting sensitive components, final wiping prior to paint application, prime & paint.
- Use proper painting techniques, mixing ratio???s, correct paint viscosity, identification of improper and/or unacceptable finish application.
- Layout and apply required markings to include stripes and two-tone surfaces.
- Use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, grinders, sanders, paint guns, tape measure, etc.
- Can prepare surfaces, mask, prime, apply finish coatings, and anti-corrosion chemical treatment. Performs a variety of operations to prepare and/or execute correct finish on sheet metal and extrusion parts.
- Application of low observable coatings and materials, including fastener & gap filler, and boot installation.
- Cleans, sands, prepares, treats, hand rolls, and mask acrylic/sheet metal surfaces.
- Displays ability to plan, layout, interpret blueprints, sketches to all engineering specifications; determine sequence of operations, number of required pieces and method of setup.
- Uses a variety of tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Makes standard shop calculations relating to preparation and/or cure times.
- May monitor and verify quality with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Will input data as required.
- 1 year of production spray painting experience, either aircraft or auto body. (Ability to operate spray painting equipment and use acceptable spray-painting techniques).
- OR 1 year???s experience in the application of decals and spraying stencils, or other equivalent experience.
- Exercises a complete knowledge of surface preparations, painting materials and techniques.
- Must have some knowledge of surface preparation and coatings/painting and/or anti-corrosion chemical application and treatment.
- Be able to read and execute to Blueprint / work order specifications.
- Must have the desire and / or ability to use hand tools (i.e., sanding tools, cutting blades, brushes, scales, templates, and various other hand tools).
- Be able to stoop, bend, kneel, and squat when working on and inside the missile.
- Have good workplace housekeeping practices.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass the Medical Requirements for this position. Chromium / Respirator ??? includes EKG if 40 years or older. Complete metabolic panel. Spirometry. Vision test. CBC w/o differential. Hearing Test. OSHA respirator questions. Urine dipstick. Chromium questions.
- 4 years??? experience of surface preparations, painting materials and techniques, color matching, tools, equipment, applicable specifications and safety regulations
- Ability to perform spray painting of final, decorative, gloss coats of synthetic or natural polychromatic, plastic coatings, lacquers and enamels to the exterior surfaces of completed aircraft.
- Experience painting piece parts, aircraft or vehicles in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and drawings to determine what needs to be masked and painted.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in the paint area including masking, sanding, painting, stenciling and bag and tag functions