Medical Office Coordinator - OnsiteTeamHealth | Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, US
Posted 11 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Medical Office Coordinator for Emergency Services is responsible for providing all administrative and secretarial support for the Emergency Department Management Team, specifically, Medical Director and Assistant Medical Director of the Division of Emergency Medicine and Chief Physician Assistant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support for medical staff and hospital committees related to Emergency Department/Division of Emergency Medicine operations.
- Interacts on a regular basis with Administrative staff, physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and department heads. Under general supervision, the incumbent sets routines and establishes work priorities. Reports to the Medical Director responsible for Emergency Services.
- Communication: Maintains communication between Emergency Department personnel, hospital support departments, physicians and administrative staff to facilitate the operations, development and growth of emergency services.
- Record Keeping: Scheduling
- Coordinates and monitors meting schedules for the Medical Director, Assistant Medical Director and Chief PA. Arranges time and location for all meetings related to the Emergency Department and Division of Emergency Medicine.
- Quality Improvement: Maintains departmental and physician Quality Review records to include computer input and permanent recording/trending of all daily, monthly and annual Q.I. statistics
General Assignments/Duties: Provides and prepares requested departmental documents, computerized records, and correspondence for review, retrieval and use
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced computer literacy, including Microsoft Works, with heavy emphasis on Microsoft Excel Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, shorthand and/or ability to record minutes
- Strong organizational skills, ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Provide ability to deal effectively with confidential information
- High school graduate with additional post-secondary training to acquire secretarial skills to equivalent demonstrated by past work experience. Minimum of two years of experience in comparable position
- Capable of meeting physical demands required for operation of computer and unit office equipment. Position requires sitting for long periods while operating such equipment.
- General office equipment as required including personal computer, laser printer, transcription machine, facsimile machine, calculator, fax.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting/carrying (10 pounds or less)
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a computer/PC
- Moderate stress
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax), and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.