Plant Process EngineerGraham Packaging | York, PA, 17406, US
Posted 7 days ago
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. Theyre the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit thats inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as Process Authority (SME) and owns the Manufacturing Processes for assigned plant.
- Works with multiple business units and programs to achieve success by increasing productivity, reducing costs, and improving processes. Focuses on identifying and removing process inefficiencies across multiple programs/departments using key Continuous Improvement tools and a defined methodology for solving problems down to root cause.
- Serves as a resource on process improvement methodology. Provides technical and strategic leadership to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Plans, conducts, facilitates and leads performance improvement projects.
The primary duties of a Process Engineer include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP andCompany policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of the site Manufacturing Processes, this includes necessary hands on process adjustments and changes to maintain required productivity.
- Responsible for the documentation, tooling audits, and maintenance direction of all tooling used in the Manufacturing Process.
- Responsible for the development and control of SOC (Standards of Control) documents with tolerances for all Manufacturing Processes as well as development of Process Control Plans.
- Responsible for training of process and management of the process and development of Operations Team.
- Leads tooling change activities and processes.
- Acts as liaison between quality, production and maintenance to improve operational performance.
- Ability to apply statistical methods to improve process capability and reduction of process variation.
- Demonstrated ability to create technical reports and impactful presentations.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Performs major process troubleshooting when beyond the level of the operating staff.
- Exercises direct control for the quality of the containers being produced and for the operating effectiveness of all lines.
Additional duties of a Process Engineer include:
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager and Plant Engineer to develop a preventative maintenance plan that effectively uses both maintenance and molding resources to maintain the equipment as required for the production lines.
- Develops and evaluates process tooling and new mold start-ups, coordinating this activity with the Corporate Engineering Department.
- Coordinate and plan proper resources for line changeovers.
- Develops new methods and equipment improvements to existing line conditions.
- Attends meetings as necessary for operations planning, safety, QA, etc.
- Participate and/or facilitate Continuous Quality Improvement teams for plant improvement.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- Responds in a timely manner to help chain calls.
Core Proficiencies and Skills:
The Process Engineer will interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. The following skills and proficiencies are essential requirements of the position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with other manages, employees, vendors, and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability it work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally, and;
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Advanced computer skills using Excel, Power BI, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Knowledge of Infinity SPC or similar SPC software, JMP, Minitab, or similar statistical software.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Prior experience with maintaining and development of current plant processes.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science or other related field.
- Completion of Six Sigma Black Belt Program preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Management Institute preferred.
- Five (5) years work experience in continuous process improvement using Six Sigma methodologies (i.e. DMAIC, DFSS, and Kaizen).
- Two (2) years project management experience preferred.
The expected salary range for the position described in this posting is made in accordance with the legal mandates of certain jurisdictions within the United States. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual qualifications and experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in the companys 401K Employee Saving Plan and may participate in its Employee Wellness Program. Employees will also receive paid time off in accordance with company policy and state law requirements.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.