Quality Engineer - Benson, MNManpower Engineering | Ames, IA, 50010, US
Posted 13 days ago
Our Client is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360 agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. We have an immediate need a Quality Engineer at our Benson, MN mfg site. This role comes with a strong base salary, bonus, one of the best 401K packages out there and full relocation.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide timely response to machine/production stoppages, lead containment and corrective action activities for paint and assembly areas.
- Ensure the quality of the parts being delivered to the line/are/service parts and implement Poke Yoke's to eliminate human errors.
- Project management for Quality improvement projects.
- Implement statistical process control processes where applicable.
- Assist in reducing unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, and ergonomic conditions.
- Lead receiving inspections, yard audits, and product holds when applicable.
- Promote and encourage cross-training within the area of responsibility, as well as complete gap closures in training matrix.
- Keep supervisor(s) advised of all situations which could adversely affect the operation.
- Provide feedback to the assembly lines from PDI and DAR reports.
The qualified candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering - New College Graduates are encouraged to apply. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, Associates degree plus 3 years of quality experience OR high school diploma/GED plus 5 or more years of manufacturing quality experience may be considered.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of GD&T/ print tolerancing and how it applies to the manufacturing, assembly, and fit up of the final product.
- Understanding visual spatial concepts, 3-D thinking, and solid modeling (CREO preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Exposure to PFMEAs, control plans, and other quality tools.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Able to work well in a team setting and lead cross function teams.