Purchasing SpecialistStaffmark | Elkton, VA, 22827, US
Posted 15 days ago
Staffmark is excited to partner with a local leader in Industrial Distribution and is seeking an experienced Purchasing Specialist! This is a temporary, 9 month assignment but could be extended.Hours:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
-Strong computer skills and data entry experience.
-Basic Excel, Microsoft Office, and Outlook experience needed.
-SAP experience helpful but will train on all internal systems.
-Steel toe shoes required.
Purchasing Specialists are responsible for purchasing products, goods, and materials (stock and/or non-stock) that meet the organization's standards of price, quality,
timing, and reliability of supply. A Purchasing Specialist may be procuring product in support of a distribution center, warehouse, an assigned client, and/or an
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform procurement activities to ensure the organization's current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock and non-stock) are met and in alignment with Vallens purchasing strategies.
- Review and approve assigned inventory forecasts produced by the GAINS application.
- Review and approve daily replenishment recommendations produced by the GAINS application.
- Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or de-expediting for optimal delivery.
- Place purchase requisitions and vendor orders.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or replacement items.
- Negotiate and coordinate vendor returns for aging, expired, or excess inventory; coordinate other liquidation activities as required.
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with internal and/or external customers.
- Communicates with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness and product quality.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with one or more suppliers, vendors, internal or external customers.
- Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with suppliers.
- Bachelors degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Finance, etc.) or equivalent experience. 1+ years of experience in the field of Procurement preferred. CPM certification preferred. Other relevant experience includes:
- Excellent customer service.
- Computer skills and aptitude to learn Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications; GAINS experience preferred.
- Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and execution skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Look at this!
- Weekly pay. Every. Single. Friday.
- Direct Deposit or Paycard options.
- Comprehensive Staffmark benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(k)!
- Support from your awesome Staffmark team to ensure your success!