Business Development Associate - Employee Benefits (Hybrid)Alera Group | New Richmond, WI, 54017, US
Posted 23 days ago
The Business Development Associate will report to the JA Counter Managing Partner/Sales Manager. Considered a Producer role, the Business Development Associate has the primary responsibility of bringing new prospects and clients to the firm. Position requires extensive contact with internal and external strategic partners to identify and cultivate new prospective clients through relationships, corporate events, networking opportunities, as well as direct prospecting efforts.
The Business Development Associate is a key position in driving long-term business growth, identifying businesses that would value our services by developing relationships with key decision makers, understanding their business, and showing areas that could help strengthen and grow their organization.
To be successful in this role, you must be business-savvy, have excellent people skills, be passionate about selling high-value services, and have experience meeting sales targets by sourcing and developing leads through various channels.
JA Counter, an Alera Group Company is as an investment and insurance agency, specializing in individual and employer sponsored risk and benefit consulting. Our mission is to provide exceptional service to our clients as we provide innovative, customized solutions, education, knowledge, and resources delivered with integrity and professionalism. We accomplish this through knowledgeable employees by providing an environment so they can and bring value to this mission by:
- Expecting far more from ourselves than we do from others
- Being pioneers with the courage to take reasonable risks
- Inspiring excellence and success
- Leading with integrity and wisdom
- Having fanatical attention to service, consistency and detail
Through the pillars of The Collaborative Way, Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created through the merger of like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms across the United States. We provide the best of both worlds: national scope and world-class local service. The Collaborative Way comes to life through:
- Listening Generously
- Speaking Straight
- Honoring Commitments
- Being For Each Other
- Acknowledging & Appreciating
- Utilize multiple prospecting strategies to identify prospects and consistently set appointments with qualified potential clients.
- Build and maintain the front-end of our business development pipeline and support development of prospective clients throughout the pipeline.
- Identify and develop relationships directly with key decision makers.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Participate in networking events to foster strong relationships with prospective and existing clients.
- Work closely with Benefits Consultants.
- Build your knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry, learn how to effectively convert a prospect into a long-term client.
- Deliver consistent new meeting activity that meets and exceeds quarterly targets.
- Leverage existing relationships via referrals to generate new prospect opportunities.
- Maintain excellent activity records in CRM that produce accurate reports and forecasts each month.
- Effectively plan, organize and execute sales plan.
- Adhere to all corporate compliance and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Represent JA Counter, Alera Group in the highest regard internally and externally.
- Have a ‘Hunter’ mentality.
- Competitive nature.
- Know how to persevere through a long B2B sales process.
- Have experience working within a team environment, focusing on the success of the whole in addition to the individual.
- Motivated by a generous, progressive, and uncapped compensation plan with a lucrative life-long career.
- Ability to act independently.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through.
- Excellent listening skills – including the ability to hear the concerns of others.
- Reputation for impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a larger team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and constantly changing environment.
- The ability to influence and collaborate are hallmarks of success at JA Counter, Alera Group.
- Strong business acumen, understanding how to evaluate business challenges and bring solutions that support organizational success.
- Candid communicator and a confident leader who models the company’s values and attributes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related disciplines such as marketing, accounting, finance, data analytics, is preferred.
- Must have or obtain WI & MN Life and Health License within 90 days of employment.
- Proven B2B sales and/or business development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in Business Development Associate or similar role.
- Experience selling to functional leadership in Finance, Human Resources, Operations and C-Suite preferred.
- Experience helping drive marketing campaigns preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Business Development Specialist, Location: New Richmond, WI - 54017