Placement SpecialistAlera Group | Portland, OR, 97204, US
Posted 18 days ago
The Placement Specialist is responsible for the design and marketing of middle market to large P&C account placements on new and renewal business. The placement specialist is a key member of the commercial team working collaboratively to analyze data and develop a strategy for placement of coverage. This position will drive the insurance marketing process with carriers to obtain quotes achieving established objectives as determined by the team. In addition, the position will complete exposure analysis and assist in gathering and researching risk management/insurance information relevant to the renewal or new business. This position requires an organized, self-starter to effectively manage the process related to managing carrier relationships and placement of coverage.
- Perform complex client analysis by researching exposure and coverage issues
- Review quotes, proposals, contract insurance requirements, rating worksheets, audits for accuracy, compliance or other insurance objectives
- Negotiate property and casualty insurance terms and conditions with underwriters
- Manage the carrier relationships in the branch
- Prepare submissions, gathering information from Sales Executive and other team members for marketing purposes
- Arrange and facilitate underwriting meetings
- Facilitate the ordering of loss control and claim reports
- Make necessary fee arrangements
- Prepare and deliver timely binders and vehicle identification cards upon binding of coverage
- Prepare written correspondence, reports and analysis as needed
- Ability to manage sophisticated risk management accounts and non-standard insurance techniques
- Extensive knowledge of carriers and industry standard coverage forms
- Skilled at negotiation and problem solving
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with producers, team members, and external parties – in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel & Outlook and the ability to work within an agency management system
- Strong work ethic - timely follow-up, team oriented, proactive, detail oriented, and dependable
- 8+ years insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts
- Account management experience a plus
- Resident state agent license
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Specialist, Location: Portland, OR - 97204