Freight SupervisorDemix Béton une division du groupe CRH | Laval, CA
Posted 18 days ago
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
La version française de cette offre d'emploi est disponible: Version française - cliquez iciOverview
The Freight Coordinator leads the freight analyst work to ensure efficient payments and fulfill cement Logistics Transportation team requirements. The coordinator will have to maintain a strong working relationship and open communication with customers, carriers, sales team, logistics/distribution team and plant operations personnel to assist and support the following key activities; A) Process development and improvement; B) Develop and manage key logistics metrics; C) Create and communicate financial data tied to key performance indicators from various accounting and finances systems; D) Perform financial and cost accounting analysis and E) Assist the transportation Logistics team with administrative tasks related to all relevant processes critical to manage and measure truck carrier performance against freight contracts.Responsibilities
- Promotes a positive safety culture through leadership by example and participation with others to drive the development of safety initiatives within the cement supply chain network.
- Adheres to all Lafarge safety policies and procedures.
Systems/ Data Management:
- Work with Logistics Transportation team to ensure data integrity and quality of the volume and pricing forecast and history in ORA, TAC, Shipsta, QlikView, BW, SAP and other business software systems.
- Perform data extraction and analysis for various projects/studies.
- Works with concern departments to become the Logistics data integrity champion. Supports the Supply Chain team to prepare budgets and forecasts for inter-unit freight (IUF), outbound freight to customers (OBF) and assists in the development of Terminal Operating Costs (TOC) budgets. Lastly, teamwork and professionalism are integral part of all activities and the standard operating procedures for the department are applied.
Reporting & Analytics:
- Communicate and monitor the freight data performance accordingly with the Logistics Transportation team Tracks and supports logistics performance relative to established KPI’s through analysis and reporting. Acts as the main point of contact for Finance in relation to logistics data.
- Manage carrier performance and volume data to build carrier performance KPI’ dashboard (CVC Dashboards).
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, puts actions plans in place, create reports to measure progress and implement follow up tools in relation to on-road carrier performance.
- Creates and implements continuous performing business data analysis to support decision making process.
- Participates in a variety of business development projects into timely completion.
- Communicates performance measures and project status to the management team.
- Identifies and structures recommendations and implementation of achieved cost reductions, service and process improvements.
- Provide administrative support to the freight and CVC teams (including carrier reconciliation, freight rates, invoice payments and PO processes)
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- High level of interaction with Cement Supply Chain Organization.
- High level of interaction with Shipping Sites & CVC.
- High level of interaction with Finance and Procurement.
- Geography: Eastern Canada
- Product Lines: Cement
- Direct Reports: 3
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in relevant field required.
- 4 to 5 years of general business or logistics/supply chain experience.
- Logistics certification preferred.
- Familiarity of statistical analysis.
- Experience with Google Docs, SAP and Qlikview an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate strong skills in problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking.
- Data gathering and analytical skills.
- Experience leading small projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with intermediate levels of management (Directors through end users).
- Experience working and administrating databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time management and self-management skills including the ability to redefine priorities based on demand.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
Job Specific Competency Profile (Lominger)
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. In Ontario, our organization/business is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.