Farm to School Specialist (33321)Munro Footwear Group | Helena, AL, 35080, US
Posted 23 days ago
Job Description - Farm to School Specialist (33321) (23140634)
Farm to School Specialist (33321) - ( 23140634 )
OFFICE OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION
Why we would enjoy having you working here.
Office of Public Instruction empowers Montana Students and Schools! We have a highly successful foundation with our team-based employees. We have high caliber, customer-centered professionals that are proud to invest in Montana’s future.
Benefits of working for OPI:
- Work/life balance
- Family friendly
- Dedicated and caring colleagues
- Health coverage
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and Holidays (combination of up to 38 per year)
- Opportunities and room for professional growth
- Public service loan forgiveness-Employment with the State of Montana may qualify you to receive student loan forgiveness under the PSLF.
The Farm to School Specialist enhances the operation of USDA Child Nutrition Programs in Montana schools by providing food distribution services and food systems education to school nutrition professionals, enabling them to serve nutritious meals that meet meal pattern requirements and appeal to children. The focus of this role is to support school districts in the effective use of a broad range of food procurement resources, with an emphasis on increasing participation of local and regional suppliers in the school nutrition program market. The Farm to School Specialist equips participating districts to provide agricultural education opportunities for participating children. The Specialist will collaborate with the USDA, Montana Team Nutrition, Montana Department of Agriculture, and other partners to advance local procurement and facilitate business relationships among farmers, schools, and distributors.
Does this sound like you?
Please tell us how and why by submitting your resume online. OPI is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All documents for Veteran or Disability preference must be submitted with resume.
This position is telework within the State of Montana.
Knowledge and Skills required to perform the job:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with program sponsors, Office of Public Instruction staff, other Montana state agencies, multiple branches of the USDA, and partner organizations associated with school nutrition and farm to school.
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate instructions, USDA and state policies, and procedures.
- Ability to evaluate programs and impact of funding.
- Effectively organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work well as a team member and support the work of others with a positive demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree with any academic major.
- Four years of experience in food distribution, preferably working with institutional customers operating one or more of the USDA Food Distribution programs.
- Ability to communicate information, procedures, and policies to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience developing digital and print communication pieces, resources, and promotion materials.
- Experience in planning and conducting workshops and trainings for in-person or virtual audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with public and private partners within applicable state and federal regulatory frameworks.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This position is in the PERS retirement system.
1 st Date of review: March 3, 2023
SPECIAL INFORMATION: This position is dependent on grant funding and utilizes an employment contract. Funding for this position is anticipated to be available through September 30, 2026. If additional funding becomes available, the contract may be renewed or extended.
Applicant Pool Statement : If another department vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may be used for the selection. Training Assignment : This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules. Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
Salary: $23.21 - 23.21 Hourly Telework Eligibility : Telework Eligible (Full-time telework is not available. Telework schedule must be supervisor approved.) Benefits Package Eligibility : Health Insurance, Paid Leave & Holidays, Retirement Plan
Number of Openings: 1 Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-Time
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Primary Location: Helena Agency : Office of Public Instruction Union : Montana Federation of Public Employees
Posting Date: Feb 24, 2023, 9:07:15 PM
Closing Date (based on your computer's timezone): Ongoing
Required Application Materials : Resume
Contact Name : Human Resources | Contact Email : opiCareers@mt.gov | Contact Phone : 444-2673 The State of Montana has a decentralized human resources (HR) system. Each agency is responsible for its own recruitment and selection. Anyone who needs a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process should contact the agency's HR staff identified on the job listing or by dialing the Montana Relay at 711. Montana Job Service Offices also offer services including assistance with submitting an online application.
State government does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, creed, political beliefs or affiliation, veteran status, military service, retaliation, or any other factor not related to merit and qualifications of an employee or applicant.