Software Developer IIBlue Bird Corporation | Macon, MS, 39341, US
Posted 19 days ago
Blue Bird (NASDAQ: BLBD) is recognized as a technology leader and innovator of school buses since its founding in 1927. Our dedicated team members design, engineer and manufacture school buses with a singular focus on safety, reliability, and durability. Blue Bird buses carry the most precious cargo in the world – the majority of 25 million children twice a day – making us the most trusted brand in the industry. The company is the proven leader in low- and zero-emission school buses with more than 20,000 propane, natural gas, and electric powered buses in operation today. Blue Bird is transforming the student transportation industry through cleaner energy solutions. For more information on Blue Bird's complete product and service portfolio, visit www.blue-bird.com . For Blue Bird's line of emission-free electric buses, visit www.bluebirdelectricbus.com .
Under the supervision of the Manager, IT Applications, the Software Developer II is expected to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. A Software Developer II is expected to have significant experience in various programming languages and proficient skills in the use of these languages. The Software Developer II will support multiple business systems and provide support to other departments where required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, Develop and Maintain Web sites, Modules, Applications using Tomcat framework and supporting software. Configure web sites using CMS Framework and build new web pages and API’s; integrate sites with back end applications; migrate legacy apps to Web
- Develop programming code to meet specifications and requirements of the business.
- Perform day-to-day administration of the organization’s program portfolio.
- Troubleshoot errors in software programs as reported by the business.
- Develop and implement testing models and document test results on software programs.
- Prepare and communicate deployment instructions
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Liaise with network administrators, business analysts, developers and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive experience using of common webserver platforms (e.g., IIS, Tomcat, jboss), common programming languages (e.g., Java, .Net using C#, C), programming on common database platforms (e.g., DB2/AIX, SQL Server).
- Experience in design, development, maintenance, and administration of solutions in common CMS platforms and understanding across multiple business systems.
- Strong analytical skills to break down requirements and solve complex problems
- Proven ability to track and coordinate the promotion of functionality and content in a multi-stage environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for tech and business conversations
- Able to handle and deliver multiple projects and solutions under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to build positive working relationships with business owners
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science/IT, Computer information systems or Software development
- Minimum five years’ experience with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office and manufacturing facility environment
- Occasional periods of standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Required wearing of appropriate PPE
- Exposure to hot/cold weather and loud noises in a production environment
- Frequent computer and telephone use
- Frequent communication with people throughout the day
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Blue Bird’s winning culture is fueled by our ability to respect, encourage, celebrate and embrace the unique perspectives of all of our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer who is committed to providing all of our employees with a work environment free of discrimination or harassment. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national, social or ethnic origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
5 years: Experience with a variety of programming languages
Experience in a Manufacturing Environment