Vessel CoordinatorMASSACHUSETTS MARITIME ACADEMY | Atlanta, GA, 30383, US
Posted a month ago
The Vessel Coordinator is responsible for supporting all exports activities related to the Soda Ash export market via ocean vessel in bulk. The primary function of this role is to assist export planning and execution with port operators, customers and other internal and external parties. This position is part of a high-performance work team within Sisecam which support our commercial team in growing our business.
. Manage day to day operations/relationships between owners, charters, brokers, vessels, and agents.
. Review cargo and voyage charter party terms.
. Performing stow plans and calculations to maximize vessels intake/profits.
. Claims resolutions between owners and charters.
. Reviewing and approving bills of lading and letters of indemnity.
. Calculating estimated demurrage/dispatch and settling demurrage claim.
· Works closely with Export Commercial Department to coordinate and oversee main activities on commercial coordination, vessel chartering coordination, terminal management, and documentation processes.
· Assist in planning order delivery to final destination by ensuring maximizing vessel capacity utilization to minimize ocean freight cost.
· Work closely with Export Director and Export Logistics Manager to execute the vessel strategy (Time Chartering planning, COA, etc.).
· Work closely with the Export Logistics Manager and Planning Manager to create monthly plans for Unit Trains going to export terminals.
· Assist in planning terminal operations for containers and bulk vessels, and to maintain the export sales order allocation per month, to maintain optimal inventory level at the facility in Green River, as well, as export terminal locations.
· Works directly with Export Logistics Manager to coordinate the launch of Unit Trains, to minimize accessorial charges, and minimize vessel and terminal demurrage charges.
· Monitor’s ocean shipments to ensure export deliveries are in line with Sisecam commitments and customer expectations.
· Maintain database of claims and complaints from customers and to service providers.
· Reviews and confirms laytime calculations from vessel owners
· Maintains data base of preferred vessel agents and surveyors worldwide
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes while focusing on safety and best practices.
· Performs other duties as assigned (as internal projects related to IT development, statistical analysis and ERP maintenance and support).
· Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Logistics, or related field of study, or has equivalent work experience.
· Three or more (3+) years of vessel, export logistics, transportation, supply chain or related experience.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to respond to customer needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
· Experience working in a multi-tasking, dynamic, fluid team environment.
· Highly detail oriented, organized and customer focused.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· System experience such as Microsoft D365, Oracle or SAP a plus.