Inspector ICAI Cox Automotive Corp Svcs., LLC | Jacksonville, FL, 32290, US
Posted 20 days ago
Company:Cox Automotive - USA
Job Family Group:Vehicle Operations
Job Profile:Inspector I
Management Level:Individual Contributor
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Perform vehicle inspections and prepare related documentation of overall vehicle condition in support of the processing and sale of client/customer consigned vehicles in lane and online.
* Level is determined by performance and mastery of knowledge and skills measured through the Inspector Certification Program (ICP)
- Verify vehicle identification.
- Enter basic vehicle identification information to database.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and options and document results.
- Assess and database enter any exterior vehicle damage.
- Inspect and enter condition of vehicle interior, tires, frame and mechanical components.
- Complete and verify data entry in support of documentation of vehicle condition.
- Perform post sale inspections (PSI) and enter results in appropriate database.
- Write electronic condition report (ECR) on a variety of accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications.
- Utilize ECR equipment (Brick, PC, Terminal or PT) correctly describing both damage and equipment.
- Ability to take multiple, overall, and damage photos, match them to vehicle, and download to server.
- Able to quickly adapt and implement changes in account specific frame policies, account specific needs, new inspection types.
- Perform and document walk around inspections in support of online vehicle exchange (OVE) process.
- Review completed vehicle condition reports with inspectors – confirm and provide advice regarding report results.
- Attend meetings to share and receive job related information and complete training requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- ASE certification or background in automotive repair cost estimating preferred; ICAR Certifications a plus.
- Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience a plus.
- Valid d river’s license and good driving record.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of body and mechanical work preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction.
- Basic computer skills.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Us:Through groundbreaking technology and a commitment to stellar experiences for drivers and dealers alike, Cox Automotive employees are transforming the way the world buys, owns, sells – or simply uses – cars. Cox Automotive employees get to work on iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book and industry-leading dealer-facing companies like vAuto and Manheim, all while enjoying the people-centered atmosphere that is central to our life at Cox. Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page. Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Cox brings together the world’s greatest minds to help breathe life into new possibilities – and drive innovation for a better future. That’s why we look for individuals who share our pioneering spirit, have imaginative ideas and are fearless when it comes to tackling the world’s biggest challenges.
Our people love technology – and they love making a difference. They have a passion for finding new solutions and working with brilliant colleagues. Every day they dedicate themselves to a huge range of exciting projects, contributing to the Cox vision around the globe.
From engineering new sustainability solutions that conserve water and energy to creating the infrastructure for the smart cities of tomorrow, there’s no challenge too great for our pioneers. And there’s no shortage of opportunities for you to make a difference.
Come and experience the dynamic, collaborative and creative environments where your ideas are welcome and new discoveries are waiting. To help you grow to your full potential, we strive to support our employees in their career aspirations and promote the freedom to explore new horizons.