Operations & Employee Experience ManagerUniversity System of NH | Durham, NC, 27703, US
Posted 20 days ago
Operations & Employee Experience Manager
For optimal experience, internal candidates should use their USNH username and password when applying for open positions.
Operating Title Operations & Employee Experience Manager
Long Classification Title Administrative Services Specialist
Department UNH Foundation Advancement Services
Summary of Position
Manages significant business operations for Advancement Services, and Advancement as a whole, making key decisions and interfacing with numerous internal and external representatives. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Advancement Services with dotted-line reporting to the Senior Executive Director of Advancement Relations. Additionally, this position holds significant responsibility for the management of programs that go beyond Advancement Services to benefit the Advancement Division as a whole, including communications, and engagement efforts.
Acceptable minimum level of education Bachelor's
Acceptable minimum years of experience 3-5 years
Additional Job Information
UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID -19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption. You may not test out of this requirement.
Posting Number PS3862FY22
Other minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in fund raising, volunteer work, public relations, sales or related fields or Associate’s degree and six years of related experience.
- Project Management and organizational skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, and ability to work well with people.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituencies, verbally and in writing.
- High level of motivation and assertiveness.
- Knowledge of higher education in general, USNH in particular.
- Experience in organizational communications, human resources operations, and/or non-profit management.
- Creative writing ability.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only? No
Interested Internal Candidates Exist? No
Appointment Type Regular
If TERM position provide projected end date
Drivers License and Physical Requirements. Please check all items that apply. None applicable
Duties / Responsibilities
Business Management Support for Advancement Services
- Manage complex administrative business matters, including budget projections and proposals, budget changes, monitoring expenditures, and reconciliation of accounts; and represent AVP and Directors on business matters, as assigned.
- Prepare and/or assist in the planning and preparation of annual organizational budgets.
- Advise and assist AVP and Directors on budget and other business problems related to their programs, such as the procurement of specialized services or operating equipment, reallocations of funds, managing revenues, travel reimbursement, and adjusting spending plans.
- Manage and coordinate multiple vendor contracts and all related accounts payable activities for Advancement Services.
- Facilitate procurement and employee reimbursement for business expenses for all departments within or related to Advancement Services.
- Manage logistics for all human resources procedures within Advancement Services, including coordination of candidate searches, performance reviews and position management using HR software.
- Resolve problems and respond to questions concerning university/Advancement policy/regulations.
- Develop agendas, coordinate speakers and presentations, produce event flows, and meeting materials and minutes for Advancement Services management and Advancement Services All Staff meetings.
- Coordinate office procedures between various departments to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Research, assemble data, develop and prepare administrative reports and handle business correspondence for AVP of Advancement Services and other designated officials.
- Manage complex scheduling needs of AVP of Advancement Services, and coordinate larger meetings for Directors in Advancement Services organization as-needed.
- Manage complex and time sensitive projects as needs arise.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives. Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to management.
- Oversee design, development, and daily use of division-wide intranet functionality.
- Responsible for visual design, site navigation and site content. Also responsible for coordinating key stakeholders, engaging and training users, and monitoring the health of the underlying technology.
- Monitor site analytics and report on key performance indicators.
- Train and coach content creators and provide guidance, best practices, and governance.
- Authority to determine needs and levels of access for University Advancement staff. Provide training support to all staff on the use of the Advancement Sharepoint Intranet site. Provide first tier of applications support for site, page and library creation, document uploads, restricted access, etc. Act as liaison and partner with central IT staff for second tier support as necessary.
- University Advancement Intranet Product Owner: Ensure optimal information architecture by working through large scale site requests and assess needs and better utilization of tool. Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving. Identify best practices from peer and aspirational institutions that can be tailored to fit UNH Advancement needs and culture, enabling centralized and efficient processes across all facets of the division in using the Advancement Sharepoint Intranet site; This includes implementation of synchronized policies and procedures for use of the intranet throughout the division.
Staff Engagement for Advancement:
- Track and analyze HR metrics, including salary data, performance reviews and employee engagement survey results; Create and implement goal-based initiatives and strategies to increase engagement and retention and maintain equity based on HR metrics.
- Manage Staff Engagement and Recognition Committee. Work in conjunction with Senior Executive Director of Advancement Relations and committee co-chairs to develop employee engagement programming and track performance. Provide oversight on administrative functions of the committee including budget, scheduling and membership terms.
- Write, edit and compile internal communications including event invitations and newsletters (such as the Vice President’s monthly staff newsletter).
- Proactively create new systems, protocols and programs to improve and support a hybrid workforce.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
5 Chenell Drive, Suite 301, Concord, NH 03301