Community Support Specialist II: Community Support Program - 4868(CHR) Community Health Resources, Inc. | CT, US
Posted 20 days ago
Community Support Specialist II: Community Support Program - 4868
JOB TITLE: Community Support Specialist II
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, 40 hours/wk
SCHEDULED HOURS: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
PROGRAM/LOCATION: CSP, Enfield, CT
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: COMMUNITY SUPPORT PROGRAM
CSP offers mental health and substance use rehabilitation services to adults with mental health issues in order to assist them in achieving and maintaining the highest degree of independent functioning. CSP works primarily one on one with an assigned caseload and includes a comprehensive array of rehabilitation services most of which are provided in an outreach setting. Services are focused on skill building with a goal of maximizing self-management skills and independence. CSP services and interventions are highly individualized and tailored to the needs and preferences of the individual. Community Support Specialists have a great deal of autonomy in terms of their schedule; along with a great deal of support from the CSP Director and Supervisor. A supervisor is available during all working hours and the program operates Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm. Whether you are able to bring years or experience or a fresh new outlook to the team, you will be welcomed with open arms. You will gain experience working with an expansive list of diagnosis, external and internal providers to provide a well-rounded treatment for those in need. If you enjoy working individually with adults who have a range of needs and life goals, CSP may be the program for you!
• CSP staff are provided individual and group supervisions and funding in the program for the fun things, such as a beach trip, a cooking group, a movie outing, or any other ideas you might have!
• CSP has company vehicles for outreach use and offers Mileage reimbursement when personal cars are used. Client can be seen both individually and in group settings.
• Person-centered program that lets you adapt to what is best suited for the individual.
• Staff are able to choose their shifts during those working hours, creating work-life balance and flexibility in your own daily schedule
• Low rates of turn-over in staff as the team is all about helping each other
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conducts Clinical and Risk Assessments, LOCUS, Co-occurring Screens and Functional Assessments.
- Collaborates with individuals to create individualized, person centered treatment plans and documents clients progress during treatment.
- Use Motivational Interventions to assist clients in meeting their goals and moving along their paths to recovery, utilizing stage wise interventions
- Provide psycho-educational rehabilitation services group and individual for recovery from psychiatric and substance abuse disorders
- Support individual with linking and engaging with natural (family, friends) or community supports
- Develop crisis plans for clients and work with other staff to respond to crisis situations as needed
- Provide skills teaching, such as assisting clients in obtaining/ maintaining housing and utilities; learning how to use transportation services, planning and preparing nutritional meals, engage and communicate with family and friends, be safe in the community, care for children and other family members, and solve everyday problems that arise.
- Provide intensive skill building interventions and support for self-management, self-advocacy, health and well-being, relapse prevention, and using community resources
- Participate in family education and support activities
- Documents client progress in Electronic Medical Record per agency policies
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, case conference, supervision and other meetings as assigned
- May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
Education: Community Support Specialist II: Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
Experience: Community Support Specialist II: 2+ years working with identified populations.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Valid driver’s license required
*Actual rates are determined at the time of offer and are based off of relevant experience, as well as adherence to our internal equity policy. Many of our positions offer program/location differentials and/or sign-on incentives. (Please note, for part-time positions this range would be pro-rated based on hours worked)
Some of the benefits we offer to full-time staff:
- 12 paid holidays, including a float holiday and your birthday!
- 15 vacation days per year (subject to 6 month grace period)
- Paid sick leave and 3 personal days
- Competitive insurance premiums, including pet and auto insurances!
- Flexible work environment
- NHSC loan repayment program offered at select sites
- And much more…!
CHR is committed to fostering an inclusive culture that respects differences and honors the experience of our diverse staff. We encourage women, members of ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with (dis)abilities, and veterans to apply.