Pre Service SpecialistCone Health | ND, US
Salary Range:$36,000 – $41,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted a month ago
OverviewUnder the leadership of the Pre-Service Center Management, the Pre-Service Specialist is responsible for completing pre-registration and financial clearance functions prior to the patient?s arrival for service. The Pre-Service Specialist is responsible for collecting and validating accurate patient demographic and insurance information, obtaining pre-certification/authorization as required, and entering all necessary information into Cone HealthLink (EPIC). The Pre-Service Specialist is also responsible for informing the patient of his/her approximate liability, collecting patient liabilities, identifying patients in need of financial assistance and referring patients to financial counseling as necessary.This position requires multi-tasking and effective problem solving skills. It is expected that the Pre-Service Specialist will foster positive relationships with all patients in an effort to provide quality service. The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.The Pre-Service Specialist will remain in full compliance with all departmental, institutional and regulatory policies and procedures. The roles and responsibilities of this job support the mission, vision, values and strategies of Cone Health.
- Accesses scheduled patient accounts through Epic work queues(s) for the purpose of completing the financial clearance process. Contacts the patient to obtain / validate demographics and insurance information. Collects and accurately documents initial pre-certification/authorization information if available.
- Initiates the process for obtaining a required referral/authorization if not obtained. Completes insurance verification and eligibility checks and documents patient liability.
- Defers to Financial Clearance policy for non-urgent patient services if financial clearance has not been completed, if appropriate.
- Pro-actively communicates issues or potential issues involving customer service and process improvement opportunities to management.
- Identifies patients in need of financial assistance and refers patients to Financial Counseling when necessary.
- Maintains excellent public relations with patients, families, and clinical staff.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work collaboratively with others for concise and timely flow of information.
- Meets productivity requirements to ensure excellent service is provided to customers.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure and handles stress in ways to maintain relationships with patients, customers, and co-workers.
EDUCATION:High School Diploma or equivalent - RequiredAssociates, College Level Education - Preferred
EXPERIENCE:1 to 2 Years, Experience Required in Patient AccessPrior Experience Preferred in Customer Service and Pre-Registration and Financial Clearance