Customer Service ManagerNorsk Hydro | PA, US
Posted 19 days ago
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Share this Job
Hydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standards profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries. Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Job Location: Cressona, PA
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Education Assistance
Job Summary: This position oversees Customer Service, Presales & Pricing for Hydro North American extrusion plants, with an organization of direct reports located in Cressona, PA.
Required Education/Experience :
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Industrial / Manufacturing businesses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in customer-touching job(s) with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in Customer Service, Sales, Manufacturing managing team of at least 10 people.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications :
- Oracle experience or equivalent ERP system a plus.
- Must be proficient with computers: Microsoft office applications, data analysis, and reporting of metrics
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in cross functional teams
- Must have excellent process improvement and problem-solving skills with demonstrated achievement record
- Must be capable of effective verbal and written communication with both internal (sales and production) and external customers
- Set vision and strategy for Customer Service team and lead team to accomplish key objectives. Translate / articulate evolving business conditions and issues into strategy / actions / requirements / plans for Customer Service to support the business.
- Set & implement pricing strategies with commercial team to maximize profitable mix and business growth; create, analyze and measure pricing policy and controls to maintain consistent pricing & discount implementation.
- Partner and align Customer Service direction and activities with Commercial, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain teams; communicate frequently and effectively
- Measure and achieve results toward business priorities, and communicate progress up, down, and across the organization
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver on process improvement opportunities; understand and utilize EBS / lean concepts and tools to promote continuous improvement
- Communicate with and establish presence with customers; develop relationships with key customers; act as customer advocate and find solutions to customer problems
- Build effective teams; contribute to positive morale and spirit within the team. Coach and develop team leaders and members to improve performance, through a combination of formal performance management system and daily interaction and feedback.
- Grasp and leverage technology to improve performance, reduce cost, and eliminate waste in the system.
- Change management skills: promote change, shape a vision, create a shared need, mobilize commitment, and make change last, measure progress, change systems and structures.
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values – Care, Courage and Collaboration – we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences. Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
Please apply before:
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing the form below or by calling +1 (412) 643-3602.