Operational Excellence Site LeadColumbia Association, Inc. | Grand Rapids, MI, 49528, US
Posted 19 days ago
As an important member of manufacturing team, the OpEx Lead will lead the strategy
development and continuous improvement deployment for OpEx across the Grand
Rapids Manufacturing Sites.
As an important member of manufacturing team, you will lead the strategy development and continuous improvement deployment for OpEx across the Grand Rapids Manufacturing Sites.
You will manage the Operational Excellence function providing policy deployment and lean operating systems structure to meet both sites’ short and long-term goals for improved quality performance, increased service levels, and reduced COGS, contributing to operational efficiency improvements and EHS performance exceeding Viant site goals. The OpEx Lead is responsible for building site level goals and execution plans in support of the Manufacturing Value Streams and other support functions within the plants. Close working relationships and consensus building are required with all other Site management staff. This position reports directly to the Watson Street, Grand Rapids Director of Operations with a dotted line to the 33rd Street, Grand Rapids Director of Operations.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires the ability to contribute as both a leader and individual contributor.
- Lead and drive site Operational Excellence culture including training while implementing best practices/knowledge sharing utilizing effective collaboration and synergies across Viant.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Support operations leadership in setting and achieving specific goals around Business Excellence initiatives. Demonstrate awareness, knowledge and guidance of continuous improvement such as Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools.
- Maintain and track value improvement program (VIP) metrics and key performance indicators (KPI) in support of value stream teams. Work with plant leadership staff to ensure continuous flow of project implementation and idea generation.
- Lead multi- site cost reduction program to reducing operational costs by 3-5% annually
- Coach and train the OpEx structure as defined within the Viant Operating System global operational excellence program
- Manage short & long-term vision and execution plans for the Operational Excellence function at the Grand Rapids Manufacturing Sites.
- Manage Operational Excellence programs and efforts at the sites for short and long-term goals achievement assuring culture and systems development in support of continuous improvement in cost and quality performance.
- Manage Lean Sigma Certification Programs (Green Belt/Black Belt) campus wide and assure resources are leveraged for sites continuous improvement activities
- Manage Operational Excellence training programs and events throughout the sites (DMAIC, A3, Kaizen, Problem Solving, First Time Quality, etc) assuring training and events support site goals for continuous improvement
- Ensure OpEx fully supports EHS efforts site-wide assuring achievement of site level goals and continuous improvement driving “best in class” results. Responsible for following all GMP’s and SOP’s as defined by Viant Medical’s policies, practices and procedures to ensure that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and ISO regulations and Viant Medical’s quality standards are met.
- This role is hands on and directly accountable for supporting business results.
- Provide LEAN Six Sigma expert advice, support, coaching and mentoring to leaders and their teams for the execution of the Operational Excellence Strategy.
- Apply principles of world class project management, lean manufacturing and six sigma and other Continuous Improvement methodologies to support manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering. Engineering Degree, Post graduate degree highly desirable.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment or equivalent professional business experience.
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying Business Excellence/Continuous Process Improvement programs (Lean and Six Sigma).
- Experience with the following methodologies and practices: FMEA, Kaizen, Lean tools, 5S, Visual Factory Aids, SMED concepts, VSM, VOC and Poke Yoke
- Experience in the Medical Device industry highly desirable
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement and cost savings success
- Solid understanding of Engineering, Project Management, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, Financial acumen.
- Ability to manage cross functionally with direct and indirect influence
- Ability to Coach and facilitate individually and at the large scale level
- Advanced skills in statistical software packages
- OpEx/Lean Six Sigma/PMI certifications
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influential communication skills
- Effective decision-making skills and proven accountability for business results
- Ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across needs across Viant
- Experience in creating sustainable processes via data-driven iterative process improvement – with a high attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Exhibits a high level of energy and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical/statistical problem-solving tools (DMAIC/PDCA/8 Disciplines) Ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities.
- Strong coaching, influencing, facilitation and organizational skills including and understanding of and proficiency in Change Management.
- Self-starter with experience effectively navigating high levels of ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment to build and maintain positive relationships required to accomplish organizational goals
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal/team effectiveness- ability to succinctly and accurately communicate to various levels of employees
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans and budgets
- Computer literacy including Minitab, Visio, Smart Sheet, PowerBI, Asana, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project.
- Role requires split time between Grand Rapids sites; travel required
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing date and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and or operation of machines including measurement devices and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Viant is a global medical device design and manufacturing services provider that partners and innovates with customers to provide the highest quality, life enhancing medical devices. We do this through our depth and breadth of capabilities, end-to-end integration, technical expertise, and relentless focus on our customers and on operational excellence. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24 locations worldwide, we offer a unique combination of small-company service and attention with big-company resources. For more information, visit viantmedical.com or follow us on LinkedIn. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.