Site EHS ManagerALSTOM Gruppe | Cairo, GA, 31728, US
Posted 25 days ago
Location: Cairo, EG
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
- To act as the Cairo Monorail Safety Officer, to drive all EHS matters in the Cairo Monorail Business.
- Define Standards for Personal Protection of Employees, Contractors and Visitors to the Cairo Monorail site, regularly monitor, and audit to ensure compliance.
- To be responsible for, develop and maintain the Health, Safety, Environmental documentation and systems and Safety Plan and other relevant documentation, within the Cairo Monorail Business;
- Review and update the Risk Assessments and COSHH data sheets for the Cairo Monorail Business.
- To ensure that all employees of Cairo Monorail and all employees working on any project which the Cairo Monorail business is responsible for are familiar with EHS matters and have the appropriate training, information and knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental matters within the company;
- To act as an advisor to the Cairo Monorail safety representatives, and hold regular review meetings with the safety representatives.
- To convene and actively participate in local and company EHS meetings; To monitor and review the procedures to ensure effectiveness and compliance at all levels; with the H&S Act 1974 and company procedures.
- To liaise with the relevant ALSTOM networks to ensure compliance with company processes procedures and standards;
- To actively participate in the reduction of Deviations from Standard reported each month on Health, Safety or Environmental Grounds, as per ALSTOM procedures;
- To adopt the Ways of Working (WOW) Behaviours in your day to day working, as per ALSTOM Guidelines;
- To undertake other related duties as required by the management team;
- To undertake any other duties as specified by the General Manager for Cairo Monorail.
- Update the Health & Safety; Environmental monitors to reflect current status.
- Inform senior management of any changes to Safety legislation.
- Monitor the Health & Safety roadmap.
- Define and maintain the Health and Safety responsibilities matrix
- Design and deliver Health and Safety awareness training, e.g. Manual Handling.
- 10 years Experience in construction field, rail way is a plus.
- Prior experience of H&S, Environmental, Business Improvements within a manufacturing or service railway environment.
- Railway experience is required (Train – Metro – Tramp- Monorail….etc)
- Problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of infra project include testing and commissioning process.
- Office package include XL, Word, Power point, outlook, Minitab
- Expert knowledge of ISO45001 and ISO14001
- Certified NEBOSH / OSHA
- Railway projects experience. Include installation, testing and commissioning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.