Patient Services Rep | $17/hr | ASAPArray Corp | King City, CA, 93930, US
Posted 24 days ago
Position: Patient Services Representative
Location: King City, CA
Experience: Must have previous healthcare and customer service experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Type: Full-time; Contract
Schedule: To be discussed during the interview (Schedule may require weekends, nights and holidays)
HB Staffing is seeking a Patient Services Representative to join an awesome team!
- Welcome and assist patients and visitors into Clinics, Hospital Admitting or Emergency Department registration areas.
- Use system to schedule patient appointments, obtain prior eligibility and insurance authorization, enter information and documents into computer system correctly and timely, provide data to the business office.
- Screen/Interview patients to obtain necessary new or updated information, including legal name referencing acceptable related to patient identification, payor sources, employment and other information, for hospital pre-admissions and admissions, clinic services, laboratory and diagnostic services, pharmacy and emergency treatment or other outpatient services; and screen and refer patients to publicly-funded payor programs for eligibility evaluation.
- Understand Trauma procedures and follow state and federal hospital compliance guidelines along with hospital and department policies when preparing hospital admission packets, outpatient packets, newborn packets, and OB pre-registration packets, other pre-registrations.
- Assist patients with completion of forms and paperwork requiring patient signatures, collect valid demographic and insurance information, etc. and file accordingly.
- Promote patient safety by safeguarding and keeping the integrity of patient medical records utilizing a computerized patient registration system, and preparing patient identification bands per Natividad's policy.
- Contact insurance payors to verify patient eligibility, if required request pre-certification and authorization for services and/or admission, evaluate and collect missing signatures and/or additional insurance data, lien, and release information prior to patient discharge.
- Report and document patient concerns and non-compliance behavior immediately to supervisor/manager.
- Collect deposits, issue receipts, balance and deposit cash daily to the designated area; and maintain change fund log daily by verifying cash and signing cash log between all shifts.
- Obtain and know how to read and process admission orders and account requests from labor and delivery, HAN, physicians, and nursing staff.
- Utilize appropriate email distributions to communicate possible identity theft, duplicate medical records, etc.
- Must have knowledge of patient admission and registration procedures and requirements required for patient screening, pre-admission and admission
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology usage and spelling in order to complete pertinent registration and admission documents
- Must have knowledge of general office procedures, filing and keyboard operation and medical terminology, medical billing, coding, medical software, CPT codes, and ICD-9 codes
- Basic arithmetic skills, in order to compute fees and make correct change
- 10 key by touch
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively to assist, screen, or determine reasons for patient visits
- Ability to work individually and with team members to support various registration functions to achieve the highest quality possible
HB Staffing does not just connect you with a job; we offer a Professional Mentoring & Education Program to help you be great at your job, love it, and grow. This is not an elevator to success; it is a ladder, and you must put in the work to climb so you’ll never feel stuck in a dead-end job again.
HB Staffing is a company of the Array Corporation, the leading technology-enabled enterprise staffing organization whose mission is to help YOU TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR CAREER.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.