Fleet AdministratorEMCOR Group Inc. | Raleigh, NC, 27601, US
Posted a month ago
Newcomb and Company
Newcomb and Company
Raleigh, NC 27658, USA
Job Title: Fleet Administrator
Reports To: Vice President of Building Services
Responsibility: Fleet Vehicles & Equipment for Raleigh & Wilmington Offices
The Fleet Administrator performs organizational and managerial tasks to monitor, maintain, and improve the company’s transportation processes for a fleet of approximately 200 vehicles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain up-to-date vehicle lease/purchase, repair and cost history records in the Geotab fleet management and reporting system.
- Proactively oversee and facilitate the proper maintenance and work readiness of all company owned/leased vehicles and equipment, to include but not limited to, trucks, vans, trailers, forklifts, and construction equipment
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance and repairs to maximize field productivity and minimize lost time
- Provide monthly maintenance schedules, progress, and warranty reports for managers.
- Provide regular analysis of fleet expenses, budgeting, and performance reports.
- Negotiate maintenance and repair costs with vendors while maintaining company expectations and ensuring quality of repairs.
- Review all vehicle related quotes and invoices before and after work is performed.
- Inform management of major repairs more than $1,000 prior to approval.
- Implement and maintain up-to-date management accessible spreadsheet(s) for weekly fleet reporting. Items tracked are to include, but are not limited to:
- Lease contracts, bill of sale, department, truck number, driver assignment, make, model, year, outfitting costs, warranty repairs, maintenance, mechanical repairs, cosmetic and body repairs, mileage, mpg cost per mile, total costs per mile.
- Oversee fleet procurement and selling of vehicles and equipment
- Coordinate vehicle acquisition and upfit based on need and demand.
- Coordinate Geotab setup and installation of GPS device in vehicles
- Manage and distribute vehicle registrations, state inspections, tags, fuel cards, PIN #’s, toll pass, corporate signage, and vehicle stickers
- Maintain and manage vehicle department allocation for accounting
- Maintain vehicle aging-out reports to include ordering, selling, and watch list
- Facilitate and manage vehicle cleanup and detailing with vendors
- Facilitate sale of used vehicles upon age-out with management approval.
- Implement and manage vehicle spare key and parts inventory programs
- Supervise the Fleet and Facility Coordinator for minor repairs and maintenance
- Work with safety manager and insurance company(s)to complete timely entry of vehicle specific information into EMCOR’s ACT’s and insurance reporting management system(s). Includes accident forms, pictures, police reports, damage, and repair estimates.
- Performs other additional duties as assigned. Duties are not limited to the above description.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a managerial role involving fleet management, logistics, or similar environment
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Good leadership and management abilities
- Detail oriented with good problem-solving skills
- Possess a clean valid NC Class C Driver’s License (at minimum)
- Ability to work in office 45 hours a week
- Ability to receive and make phone calls after hours when required
- Ability to occasionally travel to Wilmington, job sites, corporate meetings when necessary
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and delegate.
- Proficient with computer applications such as GPS, fleet management systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, accounting systems, and other software programs
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to perform additional physical activities that require considerable use of limbs and appendages such as climbing, lifting, reaching above shoulders, balancing, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to lift, move and handle 80lbs tools or materials. Environmental conditions range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor tempered warehouse areas.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here . Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.