Life Benefits AnalystStanCorp Financial Group, Inc | Portland, OR, 97204, US
Posted 20 days ago
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
Secure and analyze claim documentation; make benefit decisions and payments on life insurance claims in accordance with policy provisions and department guidelines. Provide responsive customer service to beneficiaries, policyholders and internal stakeholders.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Investigate, secure and analyze information pertaining to insured’s eligibility for life benefits; identify file/fact/contract discrepancies and outstanding issues and secure additional documentation as needed while investigating within prescribed timeframes.
- Independently make and communicate claim decisions and issue correct benefits for new and pending claims.
- Review entitlement to payment and develop and execute a claims management strategy for each payee while adhering to state and federal payment guidelines.
- Proactively communicate and respond to claim inquiries from insureds, beneficiaries, policyholders and internal stakeholders; resolve issues through effective oral and written communication by involving appropriate people within, or outside the department or company; effectively and professionally represent the company in all interactions.
- Act as a primary client contact within Life Benefits and liaison with internal stakeholders on the implementation, servicing and renewal of life clients.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Individuals must be organized with the ability to identify and shift priorities to support the team and department in a dynamic environment. Team members must be open to on the fly coaching. Successful contributors must be focused on the needs of our internal and external customers and driven to meet or exceed their expectations on a daily basis.
1. Education: Degree in arts or sciences, business or related field preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
2. One year of work experience with emphasis on analysis, critical thinking, decision making, meeting deadlines, and customer service or relevant experience.
Please note - the salary range for this role is listed below. In addition to salary, our package includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits, as well as an initial PTO accrual of 164 hours per year. Employees also receive 11 paid holidays and 2 wellness days per year.
Eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
Salary Range:$46,000.00 - $67,500.00
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
The Standard is a family of companies dedicated to helping its customers achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. In business since 1906, we’re a leading provider of group and individual disability insurance, group life, dental and vision insurance, voluntary (employee-paid) benefits, absence management services, and retirement plans and annuities for employers and individuals. For more information about The Standard, visit www.standard.com or follow us on Facebook , Twitter or LinkedIn .