LICENSED SPECIALIST IN SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGYFloydada Independent School District | Tahoka, TX, 79373, US
Posted 25 days ago
Perform professional psychological work in assessment, behavior management, and counseling for students with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems. Assess the psychological and psyco-educational needs of students referred to special education services.
Master's degree in psychology from accredited college or university
Valid Texas license as a licensed specialist in school psychology (LSSP)
Knowledge of procedures for assessing achievement and intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functioning for educational purposes
Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
Knowledge of pyscho-social development
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Select and administer assessments and observations to evaluate the intellectual, emotional, and behavioral functioning of referred students. Determine student eliigibilty for special education services according to federal and state regualtions.
- Develop psychological evaluation reports and behavior management plans.
- Conduct and participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with appropiate placement and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures.
- Meet with parents to discuss pertinent background information and test results. Conduct group, individual, and family counseling sessions and facilitative therapy for students with diagnosed problems.
- Consult with teachers and relevant staff concerning the educational needs of students, interpretation of assessment data, and implementaion of behavior intervention plans in managing disruptive students.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evalution of psychological services and assessment procedures and make changes based on findings.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including case records, test results, statistical data, and test inventories.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures