CounsellorAuckland University of Technology (AUT) | Campus, IL, 60920, US
Posted a month ago
Counsellor, Student Counselling & Mental Health Team
- Be part of a professional and supportive team
- Great opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Dynamic and responsive organisation committed to the wellbeing of learners
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced and qualified counsellor to play a key role in the personal and academic development of tertiary students. This role is located within AUT's student counselling and mental health team which operates under Te Whānau o te Ara Whāriki- Student Services and Administration. AUT counsellors provide solution-focused therapeutic intervention and work closely with other support services to provide a holistic and wrap-around support for students with additional needs.
We are looking for an experienced counsellor who may come from a youth, educational, statutory, or community setting and has a proven ability to provide professional therapy. AUT is keen to employ people who may contribute to the diversity of the university and are passionate about the wellbeing of tertiary learners.
This position is primarily located at the city campus.
As a talented counsellor with proven success in a therapeutic role, you will also bring;
- A demonstrated commitment in your practice to Te Reo Māori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Tikanga Māori
- A demonstrated commitment in your practice to Diversity and Inclusion
- Tertiary qualification in Counselling or Psychology
- Full membership with New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC), or registration with New Zealand Psychologists Board (NZPB)
- Current annual practicing certificate
- Minimum of five year's clinical experience post qualification, as a counsellor or a psychologist, providing therapeutic intervention, assessment, and case management
Auckland University of Technology, Te Wānanga Aronui o Tamaki Makaurau, (AUT) is the newest and second largest University in New Zealand. With more than 28,000 students and over 2,500 staff across 4 Auckland campuses, we are focused on providing exceptional student learning experiences and graduate success based on innovative and supportive teaching and first-class student services.
To apply for this position please click "Apply Now" below to be redirected to our careers site. You can also visit http://careers.aut.ac.nz to see our other vacancies.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to be considered.
This role is considered a children's worker role and will be subject to safety checking as part of the Children's Act 2014 .
AUT will require successful applicants to provide proof of full COVID vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Closing Date: 17 March 2023, at 11:55pm
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to inclusivity and the Treaty of Waitangi and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. Forfurther information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not acceptapplications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
Accommodation, General & Administration, Administration, Campus Services, Exam Invigilator, Executive, Management & Planning, Finance & Estates, Health & Safety, Health Centre, Human Resources, IT, International, Library, Other, Public Relations, Registry Services, Security, Maintenance & Facilities Management, Student Services, Technician, Strategy, Students and Marketing