Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral HealthHartford HealthCare | Durham, CT, 06422, US
Posted 21 days ago
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
The candidate will be required to provide high quality, safe and efficient nursing care to all clients throughout Rushford programming. Duties include, but are not limited to, assessment, intervention, evaluation and management of the medical/mental health issues, through participation in the intradisciplinary process, of clients within the Rushford system.
- Valid CT RN license.
- Minimum of Associate's degree in nursing. Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- CPR & AED certified within six months of employment.
- Accredited certification in Addictions Nursing (CARN) or Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (or is actively pursuing credentialing) is preferred.
- Minimum of one years' nursing experience in Psychiatric or Substance Abuse Treatment preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years- nursing experience is preferred.
- Experience as a CNA, Mental Health Worker, or other related field is desirable for newly graduated nurses.
- Newly graduated nurses are not eligible for Child & Adolescent Program or per diem positions.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.