Registered Nurse - Cardiac Care - 1306160Necnic Group Healthcare Recruitment | Bakersfield, CA, 93399, US
Posted a month ago
Registered Nurse – Cardiac Care
Sign on Bonus
Responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Education:Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Licensure/Certification:Registered Nurse with current state licensure. BLS certification required upon hire. ACLS certification required upon hire. PALS certification required upon hire for RN’s working in the Emergency Department. Basic Arrhythmia Exam will be given upon orientation and must pass with 85% rate to show competency.
- Experience:Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing preferred. RNs with less than one year experience in acute care will be considered a new graduate.
- Completes admission assessment and periodic reassessments according to patient's progress and/or unit protocols and age - specific parameters.
- Documents findings and communicates all pertinent information to interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in the development, evaluation, and revision of the plan of care as appropriate to meet the patient's needs and goals.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
The estimated base rates for this position range from $40.06 to $67.09 hourly. Additional opportunities for earned wages may be available for this role through years of licensed experience, differential pay, extra shift incentives, bonuses, etc.