Food Microbiology - Scientific SpecialistBureau Veritas France | Cana, VA, 24317, US
Posted 20 days ago
Career Opportunities: Food Microbiology - Scientific Specialist (156609)
Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
The Scientific Specialist acts as a resource to management and staff as required in order to achieve continuous improvement of both internal laboratory processes and internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Provides effective management of change for lab, including appropriate documentation, training and communication within suitable timeframes.
- Facilitates the production of high quality defensible data, safely and on time.
- Ensures methods in use meet current and proposed regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in keeping current of the latest technological development in its field of food and environmental microbiology and assists to continuously improve efficiency and client service and satisfaction to increase company profitability.
Science and Technology
- Provides technical support, guidance and leadership to Bureau Veritas’ Operational staff, as well as sales and customer service.
- Reviews alternative proposals for new technologies and recommends the ones with the best strategic return.
- Maintains or establishes relationships with technology suppliers.
- Participates in training staff.
- Ensures that employees are following the SOPs / WIs. Works with staff and Management to reduce non-conformances;
- Provides senior level data review to ensure the appropriate level of quality in all analytical data and processes to meet the needs of the customer.
- Validates analytical data at the PRG / CRD / Job level (Tier 3 data validation).
- Acts as technical resource for Supervisor, Manager, Client Services and staff.
- Monitors lab supplies and equipment.
- Understands and enforces our EHS Policy as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ensures hazard assessments and critical task analysis are done within their area of responsibility.
- Participates in monthly worksite inspections.
- Provides general lab support to other departments as required.
- Adheres to Bureau Veritas Code of Ethics Policy.
- Supports and complies with all Bureau Veritas policies, Quality System and Health & Safety program.
- Participates/performs, when requested in Departmental and Health & Safety meetings.
- Participates/performs, when requested in internal and external audits.
- Maintains training records and relevant qualifications.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated success in the role of either an Analyst or Team Lead working in a Microbiology Laboratory.
- Experience in method development, sample handling and chain of custody.
- Experience with instrumentation and sample preparation tools.
- Weekend work may be assigned on rotational basis as and when needed
- Flexible working hours including split shift and working from home.
- B.Sc. or technical diploma (preferred in Microbiology) and equivalent experience.
- Analytical problem solving skills and documentation skills; works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Accurately follows SOPs and WIs. Initiates Policy Deviation Forms (PDFs) when SOPs and/or WIs cannot be followed.
- Assesses problems and recommends solutions.
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of laboratory process, policy and regulations in food and environmental microbiology.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility … This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.