Field Service Working SupervisorKoch Industries, Inc. | OK, US
Posted a month ago
We're prepping for scheduled maintenance! Application submissions will be closed from 11:00 pm EST Friday to 9:00 am EST on Saturday.
Field Service Working Supervisor
$5000 sign on bonus
KOCH ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS (KES) is a growing family of companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. Our equipment group business is supplying components for applications in various markets with a focus on the refining and petrochemical Industry.
The range of products includes burners, flares, thermal oxidizers, boiler burners and vapor recovery systems for John Zink Hamworthy Combustion entity, packing, demister, trays, tower internals for our Koch-Glitsch entity and heat exchangers for our Koch Heat Transfer entity.
We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. This is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
A successful candidate for this role will be responsible for direct customer relationship building and supervision training and mentoring of field technicians for their region to accomplish the installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of a wide variety of mechanical, electrical, and control equipment on our manufactured and packaged equipment. Our manufactured equipment skids are critical and necessary for the control of VOC emissions for the landfill, biogas processing, crude oil, and refined fuels terminals.
This equipment includes, but is not limited to, pumps, motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC.), HMI screens, VFD’s, and other control equipment.
A Day in the Life:
To be successful, the Service Advisor will have to manage a team of technicians and be able to solve problems with little or no outside input. Time Management, project and manpower planning are critical to succeed in this position. Chosen candidate will need to be responsible for meeting all the safety, health and performance training requirements for themselves and insure all their direct reports are in 100% compliance.
Other management and operational responsibilities will include:
1. Direct interaction and developing alliances with John Zink key customers
2. Product developments for future growth of Services offered
3. Management and administrative tasks for hiring, training, deployment and continued development and mentoring of all direct report employees.
4. Review and correction of all direct report electronic logs and time keeping
5. Quick resolution and redirection on field issues as they develop
6. Developing key relationships with customers on a local and corporate level to gain market share for the region and strengthen our competitive advantage for service quality and customer satisfaction.
7. Development of field service manpower forecasting spreadsheets, technical bulletins, technician budgets and annual performance evaluations for direct reports.
8. This position will also handle individual amount of field service and support for troubleshooting and startup of our manufactured equipment.
What You Will Need:
- Previous relevant field technical experience
- Understanding and applying National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Instrumentation and combustion systems experience required
- Ability to read, understand, and mark up electrical, mechanical drawings and P&ID’s, as needed.
- 2-year technical degree or military equivalent training
- Have a current Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) badge as mandated by the Department of Homeland Security/TSA or ability to obtain one shortly after taking this position.
- 50% overnight travel annually will be required for this role
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to work overtime required
- Must be able to respond to service calls and call outs 24/7
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working on industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- Experience with GE, Allen Bradley, Control Logix Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Experience working in a supervisory or management job position.
- Work experience related directly to Vapor Control products and service
- Experience in a project management or team management role
- Flexibility to work various schedules as needed to meet demands of field projects, including travel and extended overnight stay and at times through weekends
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, flame retardant clothing (FRC,) safety toe boots, negative and positive pressure respirators, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs. frequently
- Ability to sit, crawl, stoop, stand, kneel, crouch, climb and stand for large portion of workday.
- Ability to work in hot, cold or inclement climate conditions (100% outdoor working conditions)
- Position requires the ability to wear a respirator and pass a respirator fit test
- Ability to climb ladders and uneven surfaces
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Not ready to apply? Take a minute to sign up to receive notifications on opportunities that match your interests.
Food. Shelter. Clothing. Transportation. Koch Industries creates life’s basic necessities, while innovating ways to make them even better. Yet our advocacy for a free and open society is what truly sets us apart.