Business Data Analyst IIIRecruitee | Houston, TX, 77246, US
Posted a month ago
The Business Data Analyst is responsible to review, analyze and comprehend business operations and associated data to provide actionable insights and options for improvements. This person should work diligently to understand how Allredi operates and which key data elements provide value. The Analyst will work with users and leaders across the organization to provide data, reports, and dashboards from which to make data-driven decisions. This role will manage the life-cycle of Tableau analytics, dashboards, and reports. This includes business requirements gathering, technical specification write-up, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out, and post-launch enhancements implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Developing, maintaining, and managing reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other BI solutions following best practices
- Managing and operating Tableau and other data analysis tools to perform daily functions and visually demonstrate data
- Leveraging SQL and other data sources as appropriate and required
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop reports, dashboards, metrics, processes, predictive models, etc.
- Responsible for carrying out complex analysis of datasets and conduct appropriate data validation
- Responsible for gathering and cleaning of datasets across multiple data sources
- Responsible for developing the framework of the organization’s data system to ensure data integrity and will prepare and maintain to assure standards and governance.
- Provide information on analytic results to business and functional leaders using visualizations to communicate data and metrics, including data maps, leveraging Tableau, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, accounting, economics, other related discipline.
- 5+ years working as a data analyst working with large sets of data; 2+ years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau.
- Experience providing solutions in a manufacturing and distribution environment a plus.
- Experience working with an ERP required, Sage X3 a plus.
- Strong understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.), process automation and standardization.
- Hands on experience using Tableau to build/deploy highly complex visualizations; while recognizing constraints and limitations utilizing best practices.
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications.
- Excellent oral, written skills and listening skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed.
- Proactive individual with excellent problem-solving skills.
Typical Monday-Friday office schedule, with some night and weekend work as required for system upgrades and implementations.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
Position will primarily require computer-based work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The vision requirements include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.