Deputy Head of Finance 6 month FTCGoodman Masson | Cambridge, ON, K0B, CA
Posted 21 days ago
Job Title: Deputy Head of Finance 6 month FTC
Offering £200 – £220 per day
Join one of the leading public sector health care providers located in Cambridge.
You will be providing deep analytical support to the Head of Finance, by providing strategic financial and business planning advice in line with Trust objectives, alongside having experience in financial management.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Strategic Planning and Development
- Provide dynamic financial planning that reflects uncertainties and can be updated and adjusted as circumstances evolve.
- Perform investment appraisals and complex financial analysis of development proposals and business cases which may involve other organisations
- Identify opportunities for financial savings and highlight areas of risk.
- Budgetary Performance
- Provide financial leadership and present highly complex financial management information.
- Monitor and review forecasts to ensure that plans are implemented and engage with clinical staff and services to put remedial plans in place.
- Develop with Budget Holders an awareness of financial performance requirements, and of the need for budgetary control.
- Take an active role in developing finance staff through on the job training, professional academic studies, and other approaches such as mentoring.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements in the financial management team performance, including regular review of systems, processes, and policies.
- Ensure that managers are aware of Standing Financial Instructions. apt and deliver Financial Awareness training to all levels of staff.
- Ensure that managers are aware of Standing Financial Instructions.
- Advanced technical & personal skills and competencies acquired from experience across a range of accountancy functions at a senior level.
- Experience of staff performance management including undertaking appraisals and setting objectives.
- Completion of, or actively studying towards (with relevant experience), a Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) recognised accountancy qualification, or equivalent experience
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Costing and pricing
- Variance analysis and financial reporting
- Purpose of accounting accruals and provisions.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.