Social Media Manager Toronto, ONCollage HR | Toronto, ON, CA
Posted a month ago
August Media - Digital Team Full Time Toronto, ON
You are a natural leader and a highly creative individual willing to join our team of in-house digital marketers, social media managers and content creators. Our ideal candidate is social-obsessed, customer oriented and is eager to create best-in-class strategies, breakthrough creative content leveraging both established and emerging platforms.
You are a true social maven with practical, hands-on experience in the realm of digital marketing and are comfortable working across social media platforms and creating multi-channel content. You have a solid understanding of the current algorithms and best-practices for social media success in addition to a strong base knowledge of both modern and traditional digital marketing tactics. You are able to understand and plan for vastly different brand aesthetics across multiple industries and professions. You have great communication and presentation skills to deliver new ideas and alternatives to internal and external clients.
The right candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for both our company and the clients we represent, experienced in change management, with a keen eye for aesthetic trends and a motivated mindset.
WHO WE ARE:
August Media is a Toronto-based premium creative company serving a diverse client group. Our in-house services include content creation, creative direction, branding, web design and development, digital marketing, social media management, and beyond. We love all things around beauty, fashion, hospitality and e-commerce.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
- Casual-Professional Work Environment
- Hybrid In-office and Work from Home Structure
- Unlimited Sick and Personal Days
- Training and Professional Development Program
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Fun Staff Events and Outings
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Great Medical and Health Benefits
- Company Laptop and Cell Phone Provided
- Yearly Performance Bonus Structure
- Commissions Structure for all Employees
Be the client-facing Account Manager for a roster of brands whose accounts you are responsible for. Regular phone and email correspondence, troubleshooting and in-person meetings are a part of your day-to-day routine, and a professional demeanour to represent our company is a must.
- Assist in managing the social media platforms for various businesses. These platforms include (but are not limited to) Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Work directly with clients to develop robust, integrated digital marketing strategies that drive engagement.
- Conceptualize, organize and execute photo and video shoots, scout locations, source talent, create mood boards and call sheets.
- Create and manage digital content that is creative, attention-getting and on-brand for our internal and external clients.
- Develop highly creative social media marketing campaigns and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant social sharing and PR attention.
- Formulate and implement best-practices, mechanisms and measurement tools.
- Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Provide inspirational and creative ways to reach and gain attention of target audiences.
- Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, to scope.
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of related account management and social media experience
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with creative concept development
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing social media platforms.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media management, online marketing and measurement.
- Experience using social media planning, listening & monitoring tools like Hootsuite, Later,Sprout Social, Buffer, Planoly, etc. Comfortability with social media reporting.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. You have the ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize projects accordingly.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills.
- Work experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Lightroom).
- Must be comfortable doing minor copywriting and graphic design projects.
- Experience with SEO/SEM, and/or display advertising campaigns is a bonus, as is a proficiency with Facebook Ads Manager.
Please contact our team with a cover letter detailing why you'd be the right fit (& expressing yourself creatively and authentically-no template cover letters, please!), as well as a copy of your CV and any relevant work experience.