Corporate CounselTalentEgg | Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted a month ago
Position Summary... The purpose of the Corporate Counsel role is to support the legal and regulatory compliance requirements of the business and to provide legal advice to business units throughout the Company to support achieving its goals. What you'll do...
Walmart Canada is seeking a litigation lawyer to join its team in Mississauga. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel - Litigation, this is an exciting opportunity to work as a strategic partner with the business on a broad range of challenging litigation and regulatory related matters. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of litigation experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department dealing with a variety of commercial, insurance litigation and risk management matters. Excellent research, drafting and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to prioritize competing demands, are essential to the role.
Your duties will include:
1. Advising on a wide range of day-to-day litigation issues.
2. Handling and/or supervising external counsel on litigation files including personal injury, commercial, real estate and administrative law matters.
3. Developing legal strategies on claim files, drafting pleadings, and attending mediations and pre-trials as appropriate.
4. Interacting, as required, with courts and government/regulatory bodies regarding legal and/or regulatory matters.
5. Identifying potential legal and/or regulatory issues and partnering cross-functionally with business units to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
6. Provide legal advice and support on various strategic projects as required.
7. Educate and train on legal requirements applicable to the business.
- Law Degree (JD/LLB)
- 7+ years' of litigation experience (law firm or in-house legal department)
- Must be licensed to practice law in Ontario and be in good standing with the law society
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of French would be an assetMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada
posted 30+ days ago
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.