Plant ManagerCovia Corp | Havelock, NB, CA
Posted a month ago
Reference No. CG-16814
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Covia Corp, a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets, to recruit a Plant Manager leading the operations at the Blue Mountain/Nephton facilities.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia Corp, but its real strength is its people. Covia employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for customers. Every member of Covia's team has a valuable opportunity to help shape its future and make a positive impact on the world around us through its commitment to the locations where we live and work.
As a Plant Manager, you will provide customers with quality products, on schedule at the lowest cost consistent with corporate objectives. You will also be responsible for coordinating work with supervisory personnel in executing plans and achieving goals for location profitability. The goals for 2023 centralizing around reliability, culture, and cost. If you want to be the leader driving change, growing culture, and improving profitability in one of Covia's top 2 strategic assets, we would love to connect.
- Administer all phases of location activities related to mining and mineral processing activities as well as community relations in and around operations.
- Function as leader of the local plant's steering team.
- Implement the basic tenets of Covia's Management System by instilling a strong sense of "ownership" in subordinates.
- Establish and maintain a system of continuous training: on-the-job training, simple charting and statistical techniques, brainstorming, basic process control procedures, and work sampling
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans, initiate various programs to improve quality, eliminate waste, decrease costs, and improve productivity and other efficiencies.
- Review mining and production costs and product quality and, through subordinates, initiate programs to adhere to standards and improve standards.
- Manage operating conditions and production schedules through frequent contact with Corporate Operations, Marketing, Technical Services, Purchasing, Engineering, Safety and Health, Sales, and Distribution Departments, suggesting more desirable conditions or levels of operation to meet inventory or sales demands.
- Make certain that the location fosters a safety culture, executes all safety initiatives, and complies with appropriate regulatory agency guidelines for safety and health.
- Ensure that all manuals and documents are kept current e.g., Corporate Policy and Procedures Manual, Plant-Specific Policies and Procedures, Corporate QIP Manual and Plant-Specific Q.C. Manual, Permit/Legal Book, Controlled Maintenance Program Manual, Position Descriptions, Process Instructions, and Safety and Health Manual.
- Direct maintenance of physical condition of all facilities through a systematic program of preventative maintenance, repairs, and through the initiation of capital requests when this action appears appropriate and economical.
- Ensure minimum staffing (salaried and hourly workforce) as required for the most efficient and economical operation.
- Develop and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan, including arranging for adequate fire protection and flood control for the property, plant, and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve or recommend actions taken regarding the selection, evaluation, compensation, and training of employees. Conduct performance appraisal for salaried employees. Prepare development plans and Management Development Programs for key employees and ensure their implementation.
- In union operations, understand and engage/administer labor contracts and participate in the grievance procedure as established in the plant's collective bargaining agreement. Establish, maintain, and administer the location's or Corporate work rules consistent with good employee and labor relations. Participate as a member of the labor contract negotiating team. Conduct regular, periodic Company-Union meetings and employee information meetings.
- In non-union operations, administer the Employee Handbook. Establish, maintain, and administer the location's or Corporate work rules consistent with good employee and labor relations. Participate as a member of the wage and benefits review team for the location. Conduct regular, periodic employee information meetings.
- Direct the preparation of location budgets, cost controls, and informational reports. Coordinate the daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting procedures.
- Assure the flow of routing information to other departments or immediate supervisor as required.
- Develop and implement action plans to establish and maintain good relations with neighbors and the local community. Set general tenor of Company relationships with the community and maintain personal contacts with local officials in the community and others in influential positions.
- Develop and implement environmental action plans to ensure compliance with environmental regulations, and to broaden the environmental awareness of employees.
- Bachelor's Degree, technical or engineering major strongly preferred.
- You will bring 10+ years of related heavy industry experience, mining or mineral processing experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience required, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Knowledge and understanding of safety regulations. (Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Environment.)
- Experience working in ERP Systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
- Registered Pension Plan
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long-Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
Covia is a diverse workforce and equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all races and genders.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
If you have questions about this opportunity, contact Cassandra George, Senior Consultant at 647-888-5199 or email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Cassandra know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
domain Chartwell Parkhill Long Term Care Residence
trending_up CAD 125.000 - 150.000Vice President, Product Design
trending_up CAD 100.000 - 125.000Chief Development Officer
domain NELSON KRAFT & ASSOCIATES
trending_up CAD 100.000 - 125.000Branch Manager
trending_up CAD 100.000 - 125.000Director, Manufacturing and Operations
trending_up CAD 100.000 - 125.000