Registered Nurse Specialty Care Pediatric RheumatologyTexas Health Huguley FWS | Orlando, FL, 32885, US
Posted a month ago
Job Description - Registered Nurse Specialty Care Pediatric Rheumatology (23006520)
Registered Nurse Specialty Care Pediatric Rheumatology (
Job Number:23006520 )
RN Registered Nurse Specialty Care – Pediatric Rhematology – AdventHealth Medical Group
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to $3,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Monday - Thursday, 8am - 5pm, Friday, 8am - 2:30pm and sometimes 8am - 5pm on phone rotation.
The community you’ll be caring for:
- More than 800 physicians, 450+ advanced practice providers, and 2,600 clinical and support staff in over 40 specialties, provide patients with a broad range of medical and surgical services.
- AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL operates over 200 offices, providing compassionate, multidisciplinary care to more than one million patients a year.
- In existence since 1994, AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL has demonstrated consistent growth and stability in an ever-changing health care market.
The role you’ll contribute:
Performs a wide variety of professional nursing care activities and accommodates services for the physicians and the practice, following established standards, practices, policies and procedures. Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Oversees appointment scheduling to ensure preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Escorts patients to exam room within 15 minutes of arrival time as logged on the sign in sheet.
- Accurately performs and records in patient chart height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, respiration, and pulse. Screens complete and appropriate medical information from patient.
- Assists patients for exam, having them in proper undress. Instructs patients clearly in collection of samples and tests needed. Collects specimens within 10 mins of being ordered by the physician. Performs vena punctures within timely manner.
- Prepares equipment and aids physicians during treatment, examination and testing of patients. Maintains and securely controls medical supplies and medication counts, with adequate supporting records.
- Completes referrals (for other MD’s and insurance companies), hospital admissions and processes information and gives patient clear instructions.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current, valid Florida State of Board Nursing Registered Nursing License.
- CPR Certified
- One to two years of professional nursing experience; physician office preferred