Payroll & Benefits Manager-Houston, TXWarren Averett | Houston, TX, 77246, US
Posted 24 days ago
Warren Averett is seeking a Direct Hire Payroll & Benefits Manager for a Midstream Oil &Gas client located in the Galleria Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Benefits & Payroll Manager, reporting to the Sr. HR Manager, will o versee and supervise the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations and SOX compliance.
- Manage all Payroll and Benefits functions in partnership with HR Generalist.
- Ensures payroll processes are administered in compliance with applicable Federal and State regulations or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations.
- Management, full administration, and compliance of benefits plans including health and 401(k) programs.
- Own the relationships with our brokers, carriers, auditors, consultants, and counsel to ensure service standards are met.
- Coordinate with HR team on payroll matters related to new hires, terminations, benefit changes, salary changes, leave of absences, and garnishments
- Function as subject matter expert and advisor for employees on payroll/benefits policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the data integrity of company benefits and payroll records.
- Research laws and attend webinars to ensure that payroll remains in compliance
- Manage annual payroll audits to ensure compliance and payroll accuracy.
- Work closely with payroll company to ensure all tax deposits are made timely and resolve any tax notices
- Assist employees with escalated benefits claims issues.
- Oversees the proper and accurate processing and tracking of Paid Time Off for all personnel.
- Oversees the proper processing of all payroll terminations, benefit cancellations, and COBRA notifications to be in compliance with SOX.
- Manage and reconcile all 401k files and funding for contributions, safe harbor contributions, loans, and other adjustments
- Manages company-wide benefits plans, including health insurance, 401(k) plans, and the development of internal guidelines and materials.
- Contribute to the design, configuration, and communication activities related to the ongoing and annual benefits enrollment process.
- Oversees the proper and accurate processing and tracking of Paid & Unpaid Company approved leave of absence programs.
- Partner with Sr Director of HR on Long Term Incentive Plan grants and maintaining Fidelity system
- Responsible for completing/or supporting regulatory benefits compliance, such as 5500 processing, 401k testing, Workers Comp. and other related audits
- Must be flexible, come in early or stay late (if needed), in order to meet payroll processing deadline
- HR projects in conjunction with day-to-day HR responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- College degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years direct experience in payroll and benefits required
- Minimum of 2 years working with Long Term Incentive Plans preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- PHR, SHRM – CP or CPP preferred
- Prior experience working in Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, and DOL requirements.
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills, ability work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Comfortability working autonomously
- Strong communication skills, effective working cross-functionality and providing employee support
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and operate in a fast – paced environment
Warren Averett is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, promote and make all other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, military service, disability, age, or any other unlawful basis