Project AdministratorNovAtel Inc. | CA, US
Posted a month ago
Hexagon's Autonomy & Positioning division, is looking for a Project Administrator to join our high-tech engineering and manufacturing company that is committed to customer service excellence and continuous improvement. In this role, you will focus on supporting the project management team in the delivery of timely, high quality products.
The Company: Hexagon is a global leader in digital reality solutions, combining sensor, software and autonomous technologies. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, quality and safety across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, public sector and mobility applications. You’ll be joining over 22,000 people in 50 countries on the leading edge of your field.
This position is with Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division, a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions industry leaders rely on for assured positioning and autonomy on land, sea and air. Our work touches every aspect of life, from sustainability on Earth to enabling autonomy. Within the Autonomy & Positioning division your work will contribute to the operation of our brand NovAtel.
The Location: Hexagon is a global company with locations around the world. This position is based in Calgary, Alberta. Come see why we are recognized as one of Alberta's Top 75 Employers for the past three years.
If you require any special accommodation, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to follow up with you. Please do not send resumes and cover letters to this email.
As a Project Administrator, responsibilities include:
- Regular project cost reporting for Project Managers to support project monitoring and control activities
- Administrate the engineering capacity planning tools and data
- Complete administrative and support tasks for Project Managers, following standardized processes, with a goal to accelerate project timelines. Activities include:
- Track and direct data for engineering development units
- Fulfill procurement requests for material purchases
- Work with shipping teams to ship products or materials
- Cross-project summary and status reporting
- Coordinate and supervise project-based training
- Support the preparation and archiving of project documentation with a focus on quality and readability
- Facilitate departmental continuous improvement initiatives and make improvements to project management templates and checklists
- Other administrative duties as required
- Post-secondary education
- Strong interpersonal skills for fostering productive relationships and creating a collaborative working atmosphere
- Minimum of 5 years administration experience in an engineering environment
- Solid skills with MS Office products, including Teams, Word, and Powerpoint
- Exceptional Excel skills, including the use of formulas, plotting, and pivots
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An exceptional organizational system to track and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A “can-do” attitude that focuses on how to solve problems by working with others
Key Success Factors:
- Highly organized
- Strong multitasker with keen ability to prioritize
- Energetic and open to new opportunities
- Able to follow processes and procedures consistently to delivery repeatable results
- Experience with learning new tools to become the point of contact to support others in the use of the tools
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Experience with database management or the managing and streamlining of data from various sources