Service SpecialistBass Pro Shops | Columbia, MD, 21046, US
Posted a month ago
The Service Specialist assists in all aspects of Service Department operations including unit inventory procedures, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and delivery orientation. Position may also assist customers requiring service or warranty repairs for their boat, motor, trailer or ATV/UTV and at times assist with the sale of parts and accessories.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service to ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Greets all new unit delivery, service, warranty and parts customers in a friendly, prompt and efficient manner.
- Answers service, warranty and parts questions over the phone and in person.
- Assists Receiving Department with the unloading, inspection and VIN verification of new units being delivered to the dealership by the manufacturer.
- Affixes bar code labels to units received and updates lot location in IDS.
- Maintains unit inventory status communication in IDS and assists with physical inventories.
- Prints daily unit delivery schedule to prepare for upcoming orientations.
- Conducts final PDI and inspects detailing of all units scheduled to deliver and reports any issues with unit condition to Service Manager and provides VIN verification to the BA.
- Confirms correct rigging and accessory mounting instructions against the work order.
- Prepares Owner’s Delivery Packet and delivery documents in advance of time for pick-up.
- Explains unit and accessory operation, break in and maintenance procedures to customer.
- Assists service customers with documentation of concerns on the TMBC Repair Order.
- Assists Service Manager with the creation of related IDS work order and with keeping customers informed of estimates for needed repairs and progress toward their completion.
- Assists Marine GSM and senior management with the scheduling of work to be performed in the department.
- Remains up-to-date on product warranty policies and procedures.
- Assists with warranty repair authorization and related IDS work order creation, the receiving and sale of parts within the IDS dealer management system and the accepting parts and work order payments, compiling daily batch report and till reconciliation.
- Assists Management and BA to ensure no unit is released until payment is received in full.
- Maintains a clean and professional work area.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- High School education or equivalent experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to complete simple math calculations
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with customers, vendors and fellow associates
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, management and co-workers
- Ability to perform various functions within Dealership Management data entry system
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in and out of doors / in non-air conditioned environment
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices.
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor e quipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more. In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with Cabela’s to create a “best-of-the-best” e xperience with superior products, dynamic locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also operates White River Marine Group , offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands, and Big Cedar Lodge , America’s Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best E mployers.”