Operations SupervisorInterChange Group Inc | Harrisonburg, LA, 71340, US
Posted 25 days ago
Operations Supervisor - Careers At InterChange Group, Inc.
Career Opportunities with InterChange Group, Inc.
A great place to work.Careers At InterChange Group, Inc. Share with friends or Subscribe!
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become available.Back To Openings
Operations SupervisorDepartment: CDI General Plant Location: Harrisonburg, VA
START YOUR APPLICATION
This position is primarily responsible for the safety & development of all team members on the floor, meeting production demands, as well as developing countermeasures for quality, production and/or equipment issues. The Production Supervisor provides hands-on support, leadership and direction to their team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall Safety and Continuous Improvement of the department, including the identification of and compliance with safety regulations and programs
- Facilitates communication between production employees and communicate issues to the Production Supervisors and Operations Management
- Provides effective supervision and coaching to assigned team members to achieve required quality and production goals.
- Manages the movement of product through the production area and ensures that product is in the process at all times.
- Plans and organizes work for smooth operations.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures and engineering practices are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Develops training programs and staffing plans for team members as needed.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and maintaining necessary staffing levels.
- Proactively resolves technical and team member issues.
- Supports issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Communicates proactively throughout the organization as needed to keep all team members informed and working toward the same goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Director.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree or some college preferred.
- 3+ years of supervisory or similar leadership experience in manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, including 5S.
- Experience in selecting and developing new team members.
- Communicate clearly using excellent listening, written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs).
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Schedule is typically Monday through Friday 6:00 am – 2:00 pm but must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekday and weekend overtime as needed.
- Fluent with common Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
**All applicants MUST complete an application at www.interchangeco.com/classic-distribution-inc-employment to be considered.**START YOUR APPLICATION
Visit Our Home Page
© 2023 InterChange Group, Inc.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by