Store Asset Protection Team LeadMeijer Inc. | Angola, IN, 46703, US
Posted a month ago
Store Asset Protection Team Lead page is loaded
Store Asset Protection Team LeadApply locations Angola, IN time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R000339083
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Collaborates with the Market Asset Protection Manager and Store Leadership to support a culture of shrink prevention through operational excellence, theft controls and people development, along with a culture of safety with 200% accountability. Oversees and ensures the effectiveness of Asset Protection shrink prevention initiatives, company directives and safety efforts to maintain an open environment of integrity and excellence.
What You'll be Doing:
- Manages leadership of the Asset Protection team including hiring, performance reviews, providing timely feedback, scheduling within budget standards and overall performance as it aligns to company programs and initiatives.
- Manages and participates in investigations of internal/external losses and criminal acts and ensures store wide execution of deterrence methods, including merchandise protection, by teaching, training and providing consistent follow up to store leadership.
- Serves as a permanent member of the store’s Safety Committee team and promotes the 200% safety accountability expectation.
- Conducts safety auditing to identify any unsafe conditions and behavior, then determine and implement strategies to remedy any concerns.
- Ensures physical security of assigned unit, e.g. AP technology, fire protection system and associated alarms are operational, key control is properly maintained, doors are locked when designated by policy and staff is appropriately trained.
- Develops and implements strategies related to store’s shrink plans and ensures that Asset Protection goals are accomplished.
- Maintains professional company standards within the Asset Protection office as it serves for a point of contact with outside/third party authorities.
- Reviews financial reports and area specific processes to determine root cause analysis of issues identified and partners with store leadership to assist with resolutions.
- Conducts pre and post inventory assessments and analysis.
- Attend, participate and present at store meetings, new team member orientation and department specific meetings with Asset Protection related topics.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of retail experience.
- 1 - 2 years of investigative experience preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and make discretionary recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to proficiently delegate tasks to ensure completion at multiple units.
- Ability to prioritize time to achieve the greatest positive impact to the organization.
- Utilizes effective leadership skills to remotely lead asset protection teams even while not on the premises.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to analyze financial reporting tools including Shrink, P/L statements, Risk Assessments and Exception reports.
- Strong investigative skills/techniques.
- Skilled in interviewing and interrogations tactics (Wicklander preferred).
- Understanding of the criminal and civil justice system (e.g. local, state, federal, and regulatory, etc.).
- Understanding of Organized Retail Crime.
- Understanding of retail operations (e.g. cash office, receiving, pharmacy operations) and product protection strategies.
We opened our doors more than 8 5 years ago with the goal of helping people provide for themselves and their family. Today we’re a multi-billion dollar retailer with more than 70 ,000 employees across six states. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, plus manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and over 240 stores across Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Meijer is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed to treating all persons with dignity and respect. Meijer's policy is to not discriminate because of any applicant or team member's race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, age, physical or mental disability, uniformed service or veteran status, or any other lawfully-protected classification. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of your application, please click here to submit your request. Submissions that are not seeking help to complete the application due to a disability will not be responded to.