Project Engineer - TensarCommercial Metals Company | Morrow, OH, 45152, US
Posted a month ago
Use Website In a Screen-Reader Mode Skip to Content ↵ ENTER
- Home Page
- Careers Home
- Find a Job
- Jobs by Location
- Join Our Network
Current Employee? Click here to apply.
Title: Project Engineer - TensarLocation:
Morrow, GA, US, 30260Division: Geogrid Job ID: 8730
it's what's inside that counts
There’s more to CMC than our products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, manufacturing facilities, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the construction reinforcement and ground stabilization industries and to grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day brainstorming in an office cubicle, operating a crane, running manufacturing equipment or troubleshooting technical obstacles, at CMC, you’ll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
What You'll Do
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend cost saving opportunities by identifying process, quality and safety related improvement projects
- Design and/or supervise and coordinate detailed engineering for new construction, process modifications, and facility or equipment improvements
- Interact with technical engineers and non-technical operations personnel to integrate new technologies and update existing systems, as well as provide technical troubleshooting support to operations.
- Work with operations team to define scope, develop budgets and schedule
- Provides engineering calculations, drawings, specifications, and other required technical documentation
- Prepare reports summarizing the analysis and recommendations
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for each project
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of project/engineering management experience, preferred in heavy industry
- Fluent and effective at creating technical descriptions for both operators and maintenance
- Strong communication skills required. Must read, speak and understand English language in verbal and written communication.
- Shows a safety-first mindset; recommends improvements to make the workplace safer for self and others.
- Basic knowledge of computers and MS Office programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Proficient with AutoCAD 2016 or later
- Basic skills related to mechanical drawings, design and operations are required
- Exposure to LEAN and SIX SIGMA principles preferred
- 4-Year ABET Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways that connect our communities, and raise the bar for what it means to do meaningful work day in and day out. In short, you’re ready to be part of CMC. Join us and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.Find similar jobs: View All Jobs, Operations Jobs
- Our Company
- EEO Rights
- View All Jobs
- Contact Us
Established in 1915 | Copyright 2022 CMC. All rights reservedFor screen-reader mode - click the first button of the website