Gaming Community ManagerDept | England, AR, 72046, US
Posted a month ago
JOB DESCRIPTION: Gaming Community Manager - Italian Market
Internally, this role will be known as Community Planner
WHO ARE WE?
The bigger picture: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services agency that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as ASOS, Spotify, Zoopla, Twitch, Nikon, END, Innocent, eBay, and more. Its team of 3,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivering pioneering work on a global scale.. DEPT® is committed to providing an inclusive, supportive and an exciting place to grow your career. We live and breathe our ‘big enough to cope, small enough to care’ culture.
This position sits in BYTE/DEPT® in London. We combine data, technology, content, and paid media to crack brands’ business problems & drive revenue through a variety of digital marketing solutions like ad campaigns, augmented reality, and chatbots. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Just Eat Takeaway, Twitch, TikTok, and The White Company.
We’re looking for a Community Planner to join the team to own the Italian social handles for an exciting gaming client! Your main focus will be building a highly engaged and thriving community on social media through insight, content creation, planning and responding.
A passion for culture and gaming is essential and experience working across multiple platforms is required. If you want to think, talk and write about gaming culture and entertainment all day, then this is a dream role for you. The successful candidate will be excellent at leveraging Italian cultural moments that resonate with the gaming audience, enabling you to create culturally relevant content through fantastic communication skills as well as remarkable copywriting skills.
This role involves working closely with marketing departments, global social teams and agencies. We need someone who can create brilliant ideas that resonate with highly-engaged audiences. This person needs to be able to take these ideas and execute them across the social channels with ease and flair. Most of all, we need someone who lives and breathes the culture and is fluent in the language of the gaming world and who may be open to traveling to key events! .
- Responsible for the overall output across the footprint of brand channels (Including but not limited to: Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok & beyond)
- Creating and reviewing monthly content frameworks for all social channels and daily monitoring of social channels
- Daily responding to fans on social media (not customer service)
- Liaising directly with brand marketing team to create the social content calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Providing input with paid social planning
- Monitoring trends and informing the wider team
- Briefing designers and managing production deliverables for the market
- Ensuring brand TOV and overall look & feel are adhered to when developing content
- Dealing directly with the client for approvals and responding to requests in a timely manner
- Dreaming up new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Being the guardian of the brand in social media
- Completing work to a deadline and often under pressure
- Contributing to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintaining effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Native or Fluent in Italian and Italian culture
- Experience in a similar role
- A passion for gaming and internet culture
- Finger on the pulse for trends (social, cultural, gaming, music)
- A brilliant, creative writer
- Amazing knowledge of social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational & time management skills and high attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS:
- A flexible, hybrid working policy
- The choice of medical healthcare providers (Bupa or Medicash)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Enhanced company Pension scheme
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Global Annual DEPT® Cares Day which cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
DEPT® are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.