Environmental CoordinatorKEMET Electronics Corporation | SC, US
Posted 24 days ago
KEMET Electronics, a YAGEO company, is seeking an Environmental Coordinator at the Simpsonville, SC facility. The coordinator will coordinate environmental activities including environmental reporting, permitting, and assessments to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and submit all required environmental permit applications and renewals and routine agency reports, e.g. water, wastewater, hazardous waste, air emissions, spill reporting, etc. in a timely manner.
- Ensure required documentation is maintained in accordance with site permitting requirements.
- Assure compliance with collection, storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify environmental risks and proactively develop/implement control methodology for these risks.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to reduce environmental impacts, wastes, and/or costs.
- Identify and implement environmental systems improvements to streamline data collection and reporting.
- Participate in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action
- Maintain complete and clear documentation of environmental operations for reference.
- Develop and conduct environmental training for employees and Emergency Response Teams.
- Monitor State, Federal and Corporate Environmental programs; implement site changes as needed.
- Assist with maintaining ISO 14001:2015 certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Science, EHS or Engineering.
- 7+ years experience coordinating environmental programs
- 4+ years state required experience in the operation of a Class III physical/chemical wastewater treatment plant.
- Possess an “C” S.C. state certified license in physical chemical wastewater treatment or equivalent through reciprocity.
- Current certification to RCRA, Dangerous Goods in Ground Transportation; Hazardous Waste Operations preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel proficiently
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills
KEMET does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, political affiliation, union membership, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law, in making employment decisions including but not limited to hiring, wages, promotions, rewards, and access to training. Qualified applicants and workers shall be provided with reasonable accommodation for disability and religious practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)