Manager Local Marketing CommunicationsMetro | Toronto, ON, C6A, CA
Posted a month ago
Joining our team has its advantages!
• Flexible schedule to promote work/life balance
• Telecommuting in hybrid mode
• Group insurance from the first day
• Very competitive pension plan
• Generous holiday policy
• Personal days
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking
• Opportunity for professional development
This role has the responsibility to manage local marketing and communication strategies, inclusive of sponsorships and building relationships with our store network. In addition, all internal marketing communications, events, and content development will flow through this role to enhance the affinity of Metro Ontario and Food Basics with both external and internal stakeholders in the Ontario market.
• Manages & executes annual marketing communications plans for external audiences, to build profile of Metro Ontario Inc and all initiatives that support brand & promotional objectives.
• Develops and supervises our Local integration strategy, including experiential events from ideation to execution across Metro Ontario Inc.
• Develops targeted PR campaigns of marketing led initiatives to maximize impact of paid and earned media impressions in traditional and social streams.
• Supports the brand team on key brand campaigns, store openings, sponsorships, and digital events with a focus on generating earned PR.
• Manages Community Investment programs to achieve annual fundraising targets, while positioning the corporation as a dedicated contributor to food access initiatives.
• Collaborate with businesses and community partners to identify opportunities, promote customer acquisitions, build brand awareness, and elevate visibility within the community
• Manage all local marketing requests and communicate with stores on all community initiatives, campaigns, and events
• Responsible for planning and coordination of several internal and customer facing events, including the annual Store Manager’s Conference.
o Manages the development of internal marketing communication elements such as store/employee communication and Executive Speeches when needed to support internal events, etc.
• Develops and implements tools to measure effectiveness of local/marketing PR communications and procedures.
• Manages internal and external local marketing/PR/events budgets and directs external agencies and partners as required.
• University or College degree in relevant field.
• 5 - 7 years communication and/or marketing experience.
• Proactive and strategic thinker with a drive to achieve results and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent team development and motivational skills, with an ability to create relationships in all levels of the organization.
• Highly developed verbal, written and persuasive presentation skills.
• Deadline-focused ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise. Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted. We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.