Restaurant General ManagerLessings | Huntington, NY, US
Salary Range:$65,000 – $99,000 Salary range estimated by Zippia
Posted a month ago
Location: Suffolk County, NY
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
- Elevates restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with Purchasing Manager; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by adhering to policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by selecting, training, scheduling and disciplining management and staff; communicating job expectations; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Cost Accounting
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Decision Making
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Focus
- Management Proficiency
- Managing Profitability
- Minimum 5 years restaurant management experience in a high volume property
- Exemplary leadership and supervision skills
- Superior client relations skills
- Administrative abilities in budget administration
- Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Results oriented and enthusiastic.
- Must have extremely high standards in all areas and a passion for guest service.
- Computer and Internet competency including Excel, Word, and event software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.