System Project LeaderDelphi Automotive LLP. | Noblesville, IN, 46060, US
Posted a month ago
The System Project Leader (SYPL) is responsible for all aspects of a technical project including integration, planning, technical oversight & execution for specific project or product family within Engineering to meet and exceed customer requirements. The SYPL coordinates across Engineering competences and drives development of integrated Propulsion System products with responsibilities for timing, budget and validation of the final product and alignment between Power Electronics, Controls, Driveline, Validation, and Application Engineering teams. He or she will drive requirements elicitation and lead the organization in requirements analysis and system design and integration. The SYPL will be the main technical interface with customers and will lead a global project team developing concept through production.
- Leads and manages the global project team to execute a project or a product family within Engineering
- Lead reviews of the system requirements, architecture, and integration.
- Break down system specifications into sub-system requirements
- Responsible for HW and Controls/SW integration
- Provide primary customer interface and technical negotiations regarding product definition, requirements allocation, and product development, including expected behavior of the system
- Understands customers’ needs and can find common ground to create a saleable product
- Lead technical negotiations for customer change requests, including cost and timing impacts of the change
- Support development of internal product specifications based on customer requirements or market needs
- Balance system level tradeoffs between Power Electronics, Controls, Motor, and Mechanical components
- On-going risk management for the project.
- Accountable for all Engineering deliverables to Program Management.
- Propose project resource requirements and mange actual against approved
- Help monitoring product reliability and warranty. If issues occur, participate in root cause analysis, and help determine and implement corrective actions.
- Able to create and direct test programs to ensure system durability and performance acceptance
- Create product engineering specific timing plans and track and report progress (design, testing, etc.).
- Follow & support and improve the engineering process for supported products, driving adherence to ASPICE, Functional Safety, and Cyber Security standards.
- Liaise with program management to ensure integration of tasks across organization
- Communicating changes with Program management which influence cost, timing, and specifications.
- Communicate project technical status internally and externally to Engineering Management
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with focus on electric drive systems; power electronics and/or motors
- 10+ Years of automotive industry experience with progressive increases in responsibility
- 8+ years engineering experience in Systems engineering
- 5+ Years of experience in propulsion system Power Electronics, Motors, Hardware and Controls development, integration and execution
- 3+ years of experience with Polarion or other equivalent tools
- Wide engineering background with experience in complex systems with Mechatronics, Electrical machines, Power Electronics and Software
- Specific experience in to ASPICE, Functional Safety, and Cyber Security standards and relevant processes to ensure adherence to industry requirements
- In-depth understanding of hybrid and electric vehicle operating modes, system dimensioning tradeoffs and packaging constraints
- Understanding of power electronics and motors characterization and validation requirements and processes
- Understanding of automotive power electronics controller, SW and functional safety requirements & development
- Understanding of motor controls & diagnostics for automotive applications
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how engineering interrelates with other functions in the organization
- Advanced analytical, technical, and statistical skills (incl root cause analysis and/or 8D problem solving)
- Knowledge of safety analysis for automotive systems, ISO 26262 Functional Safety, DFMEA, FMEA, FMEDA and FTA analysis
- Knowledge of ASPICE, JIRA, AGILE
- Good at coaching people and fostering a team approach
- Global Experience: works well with multiple regions and multiple cultures
- Understanding of electrified vehicle system and integration
- Understanding of electric drivetrain secondary phenomena; NVH characteristics and causes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Some travel (less than 10%) and a flexible work schedule on occasion
- Experience with developing architecture(s) for automotive power electronics applications
- Familiarity with electric drives and electric machine controls
- Familiarity with inverter, dc/dc converter and/or on-board charger topologies
- Familiarity with development of automotive embedded systems, system simulation and modeling tools (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink),
- Familiarity with development of on-board diagnostics,
- Familiarity with design approaches to meet functional safety requirements,
- Familiarity with structured problem-solving techniques, automotive data buses (e.g., CAN)
- Familiarity of automotive microprocessors is preferred
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Career Scam Disclaimer: BorgWarner makes no representations or guarantees regarding employment opportunities listed on any third-party website. To protect against career scams, job applicants should take the necessary precautions when interviewing for and accepting employment positions allegedly offered by BorgWarner. Applicants should never provide their national ID numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers, bank account information or other private information when communicating with prospective employers or responding to employment opportunities online. Job applicants are invited to contact BorgWarner through BorgWarner’s website to verify the authenticity of any employment opportunities.