Process ManagerWorleyParsons | Cairo, GA, 31728, US
Posted 25 days ago
Job Description - Process Manager (CAI0077)
Process Manager - CAI0077
Company : Worley
Primary Location: EGY-Cairo
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : Experienced
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2023
Unposting Date: Ongoing
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and coordination pf Process Engineering staff and detailed design work.
- Coordinate and supervise the Process Engineering aspects of the Project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Process related Engineering deliverables developed by the EPC / FEED Contractor and Licensors, ensuring design optimization in compliance
with relevant codes, standards, and best practices. Closely interface with Owner Process Engineering staff.
- Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, EPC / FEED Contractor
and Licensors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
- Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
- Proficient handling of Engineering detailed design for similar projects with/without licensor units is mandatory.
- Lead a high caliber Process Engineering group.
- Interface management with renowned licensors and lead the Process Engineering reviews and discussions along with the Owner as required.
- Facilitate P&IDs, HAZOP & other Safety reviews as well as fully involved in safety, HAZOP reviews during Engineering design phase and detailed engineering, procurement & construction phases.
- Ensure compliance with Owner's requirements; international health, safety & environmental standards and local specific requirements to be applied for major Oil & Gas processing facilities during design, engineering construction and commissioning.
- Further familiarity with Owner's requirements
- Organize and facilitate safety training & programs at site for EPC / FEED Contractors & Owner’s personnel involved in the Project and plant operations.
- Act as the focal point within PMC Team for coordinating and resolving issues related to Process Engineering with Owner Functions, Third Party Certification Agencies, EPC / FEED Contractor etc. and maintain cordial relationship with all parties concerned to ensure compliance with the Project schedule.
- Ensure that the Process Engineering team members proposed by the EPC / FEED Contractor are capable to handle the Process engineering issues within the set Project targets.
- Lead and facilitate agreement with EPC / FEED Contractor on the list of Process deliverables required for the successful completion of Project.
- Ensure that the EPC / FEED Contractor develops the Engineering Execution Plan, communication procedure etc. in line with Project requirements.
- Intervention with EPC / FEED Contractor and interface parties to resolve any issue to satisfy Project
- Promote HSSEQ awareness and ensure that all Owners HSSEQ requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Execute and coordinate Process Engineering activities with EPC / FEED Contractor according to Engineering execution strategy and procedures.
- Arrange internal audit of Process Engineering activities on a periodic basis and provide recommendations to PMC HSSEQ Manager, Engineering Manager and other responsible parties on how to improve activities, practices, systems and processes.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Project Management issues during the EPC / FEED phases of the Project.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within large - mega scope Refining and Petrochemical projects within a multidiscipline environment and of delivering work with global teams
- Strong understanding of cross-discipline work, interfaces, and sequencing for all phases of a project.
- Well versed in project setup, instituting work processes, monitoring a team, execution, and closeout.
- Experience in working on large – mega PMC Projects preferably in the MENA region.
- Experience in both FEED and detailed design on MEG/DEG/TEG Plants, SD technology, LLDPE/HDPE plants
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation
- Candidates must as a minimum have a BSc / BEng degree (or equivalent) in relevant Engineering discipline
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.