Network Specialist (Associate) 2023-02-20 Req ID: R35662 USA-FL-Eglin AFBManTech International Corporation | FL, US
Posted a month ago
Network Specialist (Associate) page is loaded
Network Specialist (Associate)Apply locations USA-FL-Eglin AFB USA-NV-Nellis AFB USA-FL-Tyndall AFB USA-TX-San Antonio time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R35662
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
This position will support activities within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
- Execute day to day management and operations of systems and networks
- Manage COTS & GOTS products to collect, display and remediate a variety of automated system security and system operations/performance functions and metrics
- Follow Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Operate monitoring tools/capabilities with the enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) and create/tailor complex event alarms/rules and summary reports
- Assist in analyzing technical risk, upon request, of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes
- Work as part of a security incident response team as needed
- Working technical competency in one or more of the following supported platforms: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, MS Hyper-V/VMWare/ESx/Xen Hypervisors, Enterprise networking/firewalls/intrusion detection/prevention systems, forensic analysis/vulnerability assessment, Group Policy management and configuration, Scripting, BMC Footprints, WSUS, , Lumension, Bitlocker, SQL Server 2012, TomCat, IIS, Windows Server 2012r2/2016, Win 10, Red Hat 6.5, Microsoft Office
- Toolkits, SEIMs, Logrhythm, ACAS/Nessus/SCAP, mandatory/role-based access control concepts (e. g. SE Linux extensions to RHEL, PitBull, AppArmor, and Sentris) , video teleconferencing/VOIP, Oracle/MS SQL database security, and Apache/IIS Web server security
- 1-3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level I within 6 months of the date of hire
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and as needed RHEL operating systems administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies
- Working knowledge communication security (COMSEC) policies and integration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to assessments and authorization
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL2 and PL3 network environments/systems
- Experience providing technical support in a customer service role
- Experience applying industry standards and best practices in an enterprise-level Windows system environment.
- Experience solving technical problems quickly and identifying opportunities to automate repetitive processes.
- Working knowledge of WSUS and/or YUM patch deployment methodologies
- Must be familiar with DoD policy as it applies to implementing and executing system and network administration
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.0:00 / 0:34
Why ManTech? This is why!
When you apply for a job at ManTech, you are taking the first step toward a new adventure. Trailblazing technology, incredible professional development and the opportunity to serve our nation. All while Securing the Future®.
ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for U.S. defense, intelligence and federal civilian agencies. In business for more than 52 years, we excel in full-spectrum cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering solutions that support national and homeland security.
More than 9,300 talented professionals around the globe make up the ManTech family and nearly half are veterans. As a ManTech employee, you will work for a winning team alongside colleagues that support and inspire you. You will also have access to tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice, community service opportunities, Technical Recognition Awards, Career Enablement/Mobility programs and so much more.
What are you waiting for? Click “Apply” and start your adventure today.