Application Operations Support EngineerRent The Runway | Galway, NY, 12074, US
Posted a month ago
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’sMost Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
Application Operations Support team:
The Application Operations team is responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, and technically savvy engineers, testers, and product owners. These groups are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock customer-facing applications and our warehouse operations with an exact focus on reliability, resilience, and scalability across the company. The Application Operations team will partner with Rent The Runway’s development leaders to ensure all issues are clearly documented and routed to the best team to resolve them.
Application Operations Support Engineer
As an Application Operations Support Engineer you will be on the front lines for improving the operation of all our technology solutions. On a daily basis, you will also partner in our fulfilment centre team to reduce friction due to operational issues, keep our operations running smoothly, and also be responsible for supporting our customer-facing software applications. You will be responsible for troubleshooting the software applications across our technical organisation, and ensuring that defects are created and help desk tickets are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Manage and use multiple tools (APM, Splunk, SignalFX, Jira, 3rd party, and proprietary) to ensure all applications are running correctly.
- Ownership of applications in the production environment, provide technical support for our applications systems and respond to general questions and trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with development teams to learn and develop as a subject matter expert for applications across all business areas.
- Through working with various development teams you will research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify potential solutions for how to resolve issues in the logistics operation, customer experience application, ecommerce and mobile applications.
- Work with 3rd party vendors on technical issues and projects.
- Identify issues with orders, systems or the logistics operation and report all issues to product managers and tech teams.
- On-call support rotation across various time zones including teams in USA and Ireland.
- Troubleshoot incidents, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Build reporting/dashboards to help monitor system and application performance metrics.
- Ensure a consistent approach to change management of production applications, in line with defined processes.
- Create and update process and technical documentation and manage Jira Confluence.
- Effective communications to help solve technical and data issues.
- SQL, Splunk, Python, Java, Scripting, Github, Postman and JIRA knowledge.
Out of hours response and on-call participation is mandatory for this role. Responsibilities and rotation for your role will communicated during Orientation.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, and have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care and dependents care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.