Postdoctoral Researcher, Ref. IMM/CT/16-2023University of Banja Luka | CT, US
Posted a month ago
Organisation/Company IMM Research Field Medical sciences » Medicine Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Portugal Application Deadline 29/03/2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon) Type of Contract Temporary Job Status Full-time Hours Per Week 40 Offer Starting Date 17/4/2023 Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme? Not funded by an EU programme Reference Number PTDC/MED-NEU/7976/2020 Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure? No
Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM) opens a call for the hiring of a Postdoctoral Researcher correspondent to the initial level according to the Applicable Regulation, under an Unfixed-Term Contract, with the funding support from National Funds (FCT – OE), under the project PTDC/MED-NEU/7976/2020 – “Mitochondria function in Multiple Sclerosis: unravelling approaches for disease progression and remyelination”.
- Decree-Law nr 57/2016, from 29 th August, altered by Law nr 57/2017, from 19 th July, that approves a Doctoral Hiring regime to stimulate Scientific and Technological Employment in all knowledge areas (RJEC).
- Portuguese Labor Law, approved by Law nr 7/2009, from 12th February in its current writing.
- Regulatory Decree Nr 11-A / 2017, of 29th December.
- Decree-Law nr 84-F/2022, from 16th December.
- To perform in vivo and in vitro analysis of mitochondrial properties in mouse primary neuron cultures;
- To determine the metabolic profile of brain mitochondria.
International environment and experience: Diversity is a fundamental aspect of the essence of iMM, where researchers and non-researchers of different nationalities, backgrounds and areas of study work together, promoting the exchange of experiences and interactions, contributing to the personal and professional development of each person and to the existence of an international, inclusive and stimulating environment
Research Field Medical sciences » Other Education Level PhD or equivalent
Any National, foreign and stateless candidate(s) that hold the following requirements can apply:
- Ph.D. degree in the areas of Biology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or similar with an excellent publication output;
- Expertise in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, confocal microscopy, manipulation of tissue culture and biological samples;
- Experience with Mitochondria Biology (isolation, purification, oxygen consumption);
- Experience with Laboratory Animal Models, namely mouse;
- Personal license for working with Laboratory Animals equivalent FELASA (mandatory);
- Excellent knowledge of English, written and spoken (mandatory);
- Ability to independently and pro-actively determine study design, execution, data analysis and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo studies;
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event the PhD degree was awarded by a foreigner higher institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law nr 66/2018, 18 th August, and all formalities established there must be fulfilled by applications deadline.
Start Date and workplace: The contract is expected to start in april 2023 and will remain only for the necessary execution period of the work plan; the activities will be developed in iMM installations and/or other necessary locations to their execution.
Monthly remuneration: Gross monthly Remuneration is 2.206,05€, in accordance with subsection a), section 1, article 15 from Law nr 57/2017, 19th July, and with the remuneration position at initial level predicted in article 2 of Regulatory Decree nr 11-A/2017, of 29th December, correspondent to level 33 at Tabela Remuneratória Única, approved by Order nr 1553-C/2008, 31st December and updated by Decree-Law nr 84-F/2022, from 16th December.
Application process: The call is open from the 16 th of February until 29 th of March 2023 (30 working days), and the application documents (indicated below) should be submitted, in PDF format, through iMM website by clicking in the “Apply” button below the position job ad:
- Detailed CV;
- PhD Certificate (Please check “NOTE” in the “Profile of Candidate”);
- Other documents that applicant may consider to be relevant to prove the scientific course (Optional).
Note: The non-compliance with these requirements determines the immediate rejection of application.
Members of the Jury: According to article nr 13 from RJEC, the jury is composed by Professors Vanessa A. Morais (President of the Jury and Responsible for the Project), Leonor Saúde and Sergio Almeida (all PhD’s).
Evaluation criteria: The admitted applications will be evaluated taking into account the quality, timeliness and relevance of the scientific path (scientific production and research experience) and curriculum of each candidate and their adequacy to the proposed work plan.
Evaluation phase: Curriculum Analysis (85%) and Motivation Letter (15%) - Based on the Curriculum, it will be analyzed qualitatively, and in what concerns to its content and relevance for the tasks to be performed, namely: executed and/or published scientific work, with special emphasis on areas related to the work plan (25%); research experience and relevant knowledge in the area of the proposed work plan as described in the candidate profile (60%). Based on the letter of motivation will be evaluated the motivation and interest for the activities to be performed (10%), command of the English language (5%).
7.1 After evaluation of all admitted applications, the jury will write a meeting minute with all process of recruitment, evaluation and selection including an ordered short list of approved candidates (alphabetic order) and their respective classification.
7.2. The jury´s final decision shall be validated by the Head of the Institution, who is also in charge of the hiring.
Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: Pursuant to article 121 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after notified, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
- False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
- iMM promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
- Pursuant to Decree-Law nr 29/2001 of 3rd February, disabled candidates shall be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honour, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication / expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.