Database EngineerGalaxy Systems | Whippany, NJ, 07981, US
Posted a month ago
What You Will Do
- Participate in estimating assigned work effort and be accountable for completion dates
- Document code so other engineer can reuse and support components in the future.
- As needed, help and mentor more junior developers on implementation
- Troubleshoot critical production issues if needed
- Production release management and support as needed
- Follow standard software development methodologies and SDLC and Agile practices to produce high quality applications in an efficient manner.
- Effectively manage multiple project deliverables concurrently
Skills and Experience You Will Need
- 5+ years of experience developing SQL Applications
- ETL experience
- Experience with DB SQL
- Conceptual knowledge of database normalization as well as implementation
- Stored procedure, triggers and functions
- Agile / Scrum Experience
- Recent experience working with AWS
- Experience with AWS Glue, Crawlers, and Lambda
Who We Are
GalaxE is a professional IT services firm that specializes in platform-driven solutions and the use of automation to achieve enterprise business transformation and mission-critical change for some of the largest companies in the world. Using our proprietary solution set, GxFource®, we apply machine learning techniques and predictive analytics tools as part of a broad artificial intelligence strategy that provides effective impact and data-driven business transformation.
Since its founding, GalaxE has been dedicated to advancing the benefits of technology. As we continue that legacy and look to the future, a focus on business enablement through agile, cost-efficient, and effective integration of people, process, and technology anchors our success. We revolutionize change in the costs of doing business that transform companies and their ability to leap beyond the competition.
At GalaxE we value people and are committed to diversity and inclusion where our employees are made to feel comfortable and are encouraged to be authentic. We focus on cultivating both traditional IT and non-traditional, new collar, workers through our Outsource to America®, program.
We are always looking for passionate, entrepreneurial-minded innovators and disrupters; game-changers that take ownership of the work they produce and bring it each and every day. Working with like-minded team members you will get a chance to discover, develop, and use cutting-edge technologies to transform the way we deliver creative business solutions.
Sound like you? Join us and find out for yourself what it means for you, and your career, to be part of the GalaxE team. Let’s build something, together. #WeAreGalaxE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Prolonged periods of remaining stationary at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift to 15 lbs., as needed
- Must be able to work on-site (corporate/client offices), as needed (not applicable for 100% remote roles)
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel, crouch, and reach overhead.
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, the ability to tolerate fluorescent lighting, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employees must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees requiring accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs, absent undue hardship.
For more information, please visit https://www.galaxe.com/